chapter twenty

chapter twenty: hands, touching hands

They made it to the hospital where the EMTs immediately began rushing an unconscious Cassie out of the ambulance, Spencer stepping out once it was clear before quickly walking into the hospital

He was denied entry any further than the lobby so he sat in a chair and waited for the rest of the team to arrive.

There was no word from any of the nurses on Cassie after an hour of Spencer waiting in the lobby and soon the rest of the team showed up.

"How's Cassie? Have you heard anything yet?" The clacking of Penelope's heels is heard under her louder voice, making Spencer look to the the group and stand up.

"I-I don't know. She began to excessively bleed on the way here and fell unconscious" he informs them.

"Oh, no" Penelope's face drops at the news.

"Hi everyone, are you all here for Cassandra Bentley?" A nurse walks up to them and they all face her.

"Yes, we are. How is she?" Spencer decides to speak up once no one answered, everyone expecting him to answer for them.

"She's in recovery. She lost a lot of blood but luckily we were able to stitch her up and she's all good now"

"Are we able to see her?" Penelope is quick to ask.

"I'm not sure if she's awake right now, but you are free to see her" the nurse confirms before guiding them to the room Cassie was in.

There was a waiting area in front of her room so the nurse advised them to stay there as she went in to check on whether or not Cassie was conscious and ready to see people.

Emily, JJ, and Rossi all sat down while Hotch, Penelope, Morgan, and Spencer all stood around, waiting for the okay to go in.

After a minute or so, the nurse walks back out.

"She is ready to see you guys" she nods before stepping away, them all piling into the room.

They are immediately greeted by Cassie in the bed, a few tubes connected to her as she sat there in a hospital gown.

Her eyes were red and her hair was messy as it sat on her head in a loose ponytail and she hated that they were seeing her like this.

But she was glad that they were there, nonetheless.

"Hey, kid. How are you?" Morgan speaks up as he walks up beside her bed, sending her a smile and she looks up at him, sending him a small one back.

"Well, my headache is slowly going away and my stomach is sore but other than that, I'm feeling brand new" she slightly jokes, humor being the only way to cope with this traumatic event.

"We never had our dinner" she looks at Emily and Penelope who stood in the other side of her bed across from where Morgan and Spencer stood.

"Oh, I don't care. I'm just glad that your alive" Penelope grabs her hand and Cassie smiles.