chapter eighteen

chapter eighteen: victoria

"Oh, no" Garcia holds her hand to her chest as she looked around the room, "my sweet Cassie

"Oh, no" Garcia holds her hand to her chest as she looked around the room, "my sweet Cassie. Oh, no" Penelope begins to freak out.

"Penelope, let's go-"

"Oh, God. Who could've-who would" Penelope is too in shock to hear Emily, Emily resorting to pulling her arm and walking her out of the apartment as they waited for the team to get there.

After ten minutes, every minute Emily spent trying to calm Penelope down, the team made it there with other agents.

As soon as Penelope saw Morgan, she ran to him and fell into his arms.

Emily led Hotch, Rossi, and Reid into the apartment, explaining everything she noticed.

"Hey, that's the Rossi Special" Rossi points to the food on the stove and everyone looks at him with a blank face, not in the mood for a 'Rossi Special'.

"Sorry" he looks down at his pen and paper as Spencer sighs before walking off to her room, everyone following him.

He looks around, noticing the same things Emily noticed when she first did the check.

"Any ideas on who may be out for Cassie?" Morgan walks up to them, looking around for an answer.

"Besides everyone she has put away? Nope. Who would want to hurt her?" Rossi asks.

"No one" Spencer shakes his head before walking to the holes in the wall as a technician pulls the bullets from the wall and Reid grabs it with his glove-covered hands.

"This bullet is from her gun. She keeps it," he walks over to her drawers and points to the second drawer down, "in this drawer when she's off-duty" he explains before placing the bullet in a plastic bag and handing it back to the technician.

"The only sign of a weapon was her own. There's no blood which means that she wasn't harmed to the point of bleeding"

"You think she was maybe hit on the head? There are many signs of struggle. She didn't go down without a fight so how did the unsub take her?" Morgan responds

"I think I know how" Hotch speaks up as he kneeled on the ground and everyone surrounds him, seeing a syringe on the ground, making Hotch call over a CSI to give him a bag to place the syringe.

"So the unsub drugged her" Rossi concludes.

"And in an organized fashion, leaving no blood or trace of Bentley. Morgan, I need you to take Garcia back to the BAU. I need her to begin a search on kidnappings in homes around this area within a twenty-mile radius" Hotch orders.

"That's going to be a long list" Morgan's eyebrow raises.

"We have to start somewhere. I'm sure Garcia will find something. We need to start narrowing down what the unsub's infatuation with Cassie is and find similar cases" Hotch explains before standing up and Morgan leaves to take Garcia back to the BAU.