chapter four

chapter four: now open until 3 am!

The team is called over to one of the operators listening to the mics that were planted and everyone grabbed a pair of headphones

All that is heard is groaning and glass smashing but the team knew that it was Emily and she was being hurt.

Everyone grimaced at the noises, flinching as they heard her grunts upon impact but continued listening.

"I can take it" they hear her say and furrow their brows in slight confusion.

"Oh, you can take it?" they hear Cyrus condescend her before slapping her.

As Hotch is about to stand up to get the men to lay seize, Rossi puts his hand up to stop him.

"Wait, wait. Listen to what she's saying" he tells him.

"I can take it," she says again.

"She's antagonizing him," Morgan says, confused as to why.

"No, she's not talking to him" Cassie shakes her head.

"She's talking to us" Hotch agrees with Cassie, "she's telling us not to come in"

After a few more seconds of hearing her grunts, Morgan takes the headphones off, tired of hearing the sound and Hotch and Bentley continued listening, grimacing at the noise.

Hotch sighs and takes the headphones off but Cassie continues listening.

It's quiet for a minute or so before she hears what seems to be a whisper, "tie her up. Put her upstairs"

Cassie takes the headphones off before getting up and walking to a part of the site that had a clear view of the ranch. Her eyes scanned across the buildings, finding the possible places they could be putting Emily in. She takes notice of three windows on the second story of the building attached to the chapel that appears to be rooms.

"What's over there?" Morgan pops up behind her and she quickly looks back at him before pointing at the windows she was looking at.

"They're putting Prentiss in one of those rooms," she tells him and he nods.

"I'll tell them to keep an eye out," Morgan tells her, referring to the snipers keeping a hold on the ranch.

A few hours later, they all listened to a conversation Reid was having with Cyrus, Cassie releasing a sigh of relief hearing the sound of her friend's voice given what she heard from Prentiss earlier.

Reid knew they had bugged the place and chose his words carefully as he told Cyrus what he should do, knowing that his team was listening in and preparing them for what Cyrus was gonna call for.

The plan was for Rossi to tell Cyrus who the FBI agent is in order to gain trust and in return, Cyrus would let out a hostage.

And that's exactly what happened, a little girl walking out and into Cassie's arms as she brings her back to the truck she drove down in with another officer and they drove off to safety.