chapter thirteen

chapter thirteen: spring break but make it murder

Cassie felt it inappropriate to lay all her issues out on the table in a 15-minute car ride so she told Spencer, with a laugh, "not right now" when he pressed her to tell him after she kept silent

They made it to the hotel, laughing with each other as they met up with the rest of the team before getting onto the elevator to their floor.

As Spencer and Cassie made it to their neighboring rooms, sliding their key card in, Cassie turns to Spencer.

"Oh, yeah. Here's your jacket" she begins to take off the larger jacket.

"It's fine. Keep it until we get to the jet. It's pretty cold outside" he shrugs, opening his door.

"I have my FBI jacket here. I don't really need yours anymore" she slightly chuckles and his cheeks heat up.

"Oh, yeah. Right," he clears his throat, "sorry" he chuckles.

She notices his slight embarrassment before sliding his jacket back on.

"But, you know what? Your jacket is much warmer, so I might take you up on that offer" she slightly smirks at him, opening her door.

"Besides, I really like the smell of your cologne" she shrugs, a small smile still present on her face as she enters her room and closes the door behind her, Spencer still frozen outside of his open door.

He eventually clears his throat and enters his room, packing all of his things before meeting the rest of the team in the lobby. After about 30 minutes, everyone was in the lobby and made their way to the landing strip in separate cars.

They were soon settled in their seats, Cassie making her way to the back of the jet in the far corner to relax and isolate herself which fails to pursue as Spencer sits in front of her, a cheesy smile on his face as if he's ready to hear a story.

"Spencer" she laughs, closing the book she had out to look at him.

"You wanna come over to my place tonight? Tea and dinner? I know you haven't eaten yet" is all he responds and she chuckles before checking her watch.

"You're right" she sighs, "You got me there" she teases him.

"How's your shoulder?" he asks, settling in his seat now.

"Still sore. Nothing I haven't experienced before"

"You've been shot in the shoulder before?"

"The shoulder and my leg. Both very minor. I do have to give it to Foyet because he was running and got me in a pretty solid part of my shoulder," she moved the jacket out of the way to her bandaged shoulder.

Spencer leans forward and pushes the jacket away further to take a look. His hand touched the bare skin on her shoulder and goosebumps immediately appeared, making him pull back, scared that he did something wrong.