chapter twenty-one

chapter twenty-two: your boy, boy, b-b-boy, b-b-boyfriend

"They're making me go with them to Buffalo for this case" Penelope sighs through the phone, "so I won't be able to keep you company like I promised"

"That's alright, Penelope" Cassie chuckles at the distraught girl, "I'll be fine, I promise"

"I will call you when we land and whenever I have a chance" she promises Cassie, making Cassie laugh again.

"Alright, well have fun in Buffalo"

"Oh, sweetie, this is not fun. The unsub is sending videos of the murders to the police and I have to watch it frame by frame. And I don't have a go-bag" Penelope rants.

"You'll be fine" Cassie chuckles, "I have a go bag under my desk if you need anything"

"Cassie, I love you but you are twig and momma needs her curvy sized dresses and a pop of color that you lack in your mainly blue and maroon color set of clothes" Penelope says in her usual sassy tone.

"Oh, well sor-ry miss Penelope Garcia" Cassie sasses back jokingly with a laugh, "well, I'll let you go deal with your lack of clothing options. I'll talk to you later"

They ended their phone call, Cassie slightly upset because she was running out of books to read and the soap operas and cartoons that played on the tv were not doing it for her.

A day passed by and Cassie was doing significantly better. Her sleep was still halted by the nightmares and lack of Spencer Reid to keep her comfort but he did call last night to check up on her which brought a smile to her face.

It was nine in the morning when a knock came to the door of the hospital room and Cassie called out, letting them know they could come in.

"Cassandra, you have a visitor" the nurse who has been primarily checking up on her sticks her head in and Cassie's eyebrows scrunch together, curious to see who it was.

As the nurse opened the door wider, the familiar blonde hair brought joy to her and she sent a smile to the lady walking in.

"Hi, mom" she smiles but Lucy's face was only filled with worry as she saw her daughter lying in a hospital bed.

"Oh, Cassie, what happened? Are you okay? How long have you been in here?" She immediately begins asking questions as she ran up beside the bed.

"I'm doing fine, mom. I promise" she lightly chuckles to calm her mother down.

"I'll leave you two" the nurse leaves, closing the door behind her.

"How did you get here?" Cassie asks as Lucy sat down, grabbing onto Cassie's hand.

"One of the nurses from the facility came to my room with an officer and told me that you were in the hospital and that something happened in the facility a few nights ago. I knew I heard sirens but I thought someone had gone crazy again" Lucy explains and Cassie slightly laughs at the last sentence, "I didn't think that it was my baby girl" she looks at her daughter sadly.