chapter five

chapter five: you only have one name to remember. heHehHuAHe

A month passes by at the BAU and Morgan walks in with a story time from an experience he had this morning as Prentiss, Reid, and Bentley were standing around Cassie's desk, drinking their coffees

"She knew your name?" Reid asks.

"I don't know how I could forget a face like hers," Morgan sighs.

"You've slept with so many girls that you don't remember all of their names?" Cassie asks with a laugh as they begin to walk to the bullpen.

"Are you really that surprised?" Emily asks with a laugh as well.

"This has never happened to me before," Morgan tries to defend himself.

"It's never happened to me before, either" Reid responds to him, walking up the stairs with Cassie trailing behind.

"Well, it's kind of impossible for you, Spence. You have an eidetic memory" Cassie chuckles.

"He also only has one name to remember" Morgan snickers making Spencer sarcastically laugh at the comment and Cassie slaps Morgan's arm.

"Morgan, leave him alone" she reprimands him with a laugh before sitting down, JJ starting her briefing.

"Okay, so six people have been killed in a series of burglar/homicides all over central California" she starts off, pulling the pictures of the scene up on the projector before sitting down, "In order: Bakersfield, Fresno, Chico, and, two nights ago, Alan and Brenda Paisley in Sacramento" she explains, showing pictures of the victims on the screen.

"Big area," Rossi brings up, "Are we sure it's the same unsub?"

"His DNA was found in all the homes" JJ confirms.

"They hadn't connected it because he crossed jurisdictional lines," Hotch tells them before they could ask about it.

A few minutes go by full of information, them all learning that they had named him and that there were a lot of investigators on the case which was not a good sign and Hotch was going to have to deal with that once they got to Sacramento.

"He targets one to two-person households. He kills the victims while they sleep" JJ explains the MO.

"Blunt force trauma with objects found in the home. Multiple bashes to the head" Spencer reads the file, grabbing everyone's attention.

"After he kills the victims, he ransacks the home for valuables" JJ mentions.

"Which is not unusual for a nighttime burglary-homicide. What's unique about this unsub is that after he kills them, apparently he sits down to dinner in their homes. They found his DNA all over the food and the table" Hotch explains.