chapter twenty-four

chapter twenty-four: revenger

Almost three months pass by since the anthrax attack and more than most of what the BAU team could handle happened in a span of one week

Once the team got back from a case in Canada about a month after the attack, they were immediately thrown into another case of a doctor who's life had been threatened by an upset parent.

All while this was happening, George Foyet has returned and attacked Hotch in his home, Hotch later found in a hospital under Morgan's credentials with multiple stab wounds, leaving him no choice but to send Haley and Jack under a protection program.

Also, Spencer got shot in the leg, in which Cassie reminded him of the deal they jokingly made about not almost dying every other week and he just responded, "I had to catch up with you in being shot multiple times" and she rolled her eyes.

A month after this incident, Hotch had returned from medical leave, leaving Morgan uneasy at his mental state as they worked on a case involving a deranged murderer and his abusive father.

They were now gathered around in the round table room, briefing a case located in Long Island where a man was murdered in his home, his hands sawed off.

After the briefing, everyone got up to get their bags ready as Hotch threw a folder to Spencer, catching everyone's attention as the boy picks up the folder.

"What's this?" He asks.

"You told me you were cleared to travel. You lied" Hotch responds, shocking and confusing everyone in the room.

"Naughty boy" Emily slightly teases him.

"Uh, no I didn't. I am a doctor so technically it wasn't a lie" Spencer tries to defend himself.

"What was it then?" Penelope asks from the door.

"Um...second opinion"

"Huh...you're my bitch now" Penelope smirks, making Morgan and Cassie laugh before she walks away.

"Nice one, genius" Cassie chuckles, patting his shoulder before walking out and he smiles, grabbing his crutches and making his way to Penelope's office as everyone got ready to leave on the jet.

The flight was short and they all went their separate ways, Morgan, Cassie and Rossi making their way to the coroner's office to look at the body.

"The hand removal is less than surgical. He used a basic double-toothed saw" the coroner tells the three agents.

"So, the guy we're looking for has no medical training" Rossi states as Morgan looked at the clip board across from them, handing Cassie the clipboard to take a look at something he noticed.

"So he's shot once in the heart and once in the brain at a close range but little gunshot residue" Cassie says out loud as she read the report.

"Maybe he used a .22?" Morgan questions, "small caliber, small discharge"