Chapter 30: Lighting Strikes

Start from the beginning

Jasper's POV

    Jasper, you are a genius, I thought as I flew over the snowy grounds of The Great North. I wouldn't have made it here as fast if I walked. Transforming back into my original form, I landed on my feet with a hard thud. I walked around for a while, the sound of the snow crunching under my boots loudly. (Y/n) would love something like this, I thought with a blush as I continued to walk, squeezing between some trees. The snow fell onto my shoulders making me frown as I brushed it off. My amber eyes flicked across my white surroundings, the wind hollowing gently in my ears and swaying my hair. I stood completely still, listening carefully for the sound of movement. I waited for a moment before slowly kneeling down on my hands and knees, placing my ear to the ground. I closed my eyes, listening intently. They snapped open when I felt slight rumbling under my fingertips, the sound of a distant roaring making me grin. I stood to my feet again, walking in the direction I had heard the noise. "Let's hope it's not just some animal", I grunted, stomping through the snow and up the slight incline of a hill. Making it to the top of that rise was the best thing that had ever happened to me in that moment. A huge orange corrupted gem stood below me, sniffing and growling at something on the ground. It had white hair that was as wavy and as untamed as mine, but it was missing its eyes, which were replaced by three horns. "A quartz...", I mumbled to myself as I caught a glimpse of its gem. "Of course. I should have known that they would be bigger than the other gems", I said, chuckling deeply to myself as I grinned at the corruption. Whatever it was focused on in the snow was going to make things a lot easier for me. It won't even see me coming. I slowly slid down the hill, careful not to startle the creature. I chuckled again as I approached it, prepared to attack but a stick snapping decided to ruin the moment. The monster immediately snapped its head towards me, growling. Its breath created clouds of steam that billowed up into the air as it backed away from me. I continued to approach it, my hands at my sides. The monster roared loudly, standing up on its hind legs to try and attack me. I smacked it away, earning a whimper from it. It howled loudly again as I approached it, making me laugh loudly. "Just relax", I said slowly, "I'll make it quick. You're going to be a wonderful asset to my army", I stated, chuckling. The gem 'looked' at me, cocking its head to the side. "I'm guessing the word 'army' caught your ear. You must have been a soldier in the war...like me." I touched the creature's gem gently, the small sound of it tinking under my claws filling the air. "Now hold still", I said, raising my arm back to poof the large being. Before I could do so though, I was tackled by something. My body tumbled in the soft snow, breaking my fall just a little. The force of the hit still hurt pretty bad, but I wasn't about to let that keep me down. My amber eyes opened to see who my attacker was, only for my form to be taken over with hysterical laughter. Yet another quartz stood on my chest, keeping me pinned to the ground as it seemed to inspect me. This one was blue with pink spots, its hair matching both mine and the other corrupted gem's. It was only about a shade lighter, but other than that the two looked almost identical. They were huge I had to admit, their bodies casting a shadow over mine. The blue corrupted gem roared in my face, making me chuckle again. "Were you trying to intimidate me? Because it isn't going to work", I said slyly, clinching my hands into fists. "Because right now...I'm the predator and you're the prey", I shouted, shoving the gem off of me. It lost its balance pretty easily, its back hitting the ground with a loud thud. While that one was down, I went after the other. Its tail was between its legs as it looked between me and its companion, whimpering and growling. The blue one must be the more dominant of the two. "Time to take you...out!" I landed a forceful kick to the gem's body, walking over to it. I punched it, causing it to slide across the snow farther away from me. I chuckled, grabbing its tail before it could run away, slamming it on the ground beside me. The monster groaned, laying on its back limply. I climbed on top of its body, standing on its stomach. I grinned down at it, jumping high into the air and then back down, my feet landing in the snow. The gem had quickly rolled to the side before I could do any real damage to it. I grinned, watching as the two ran away at an unbelievable speed, howling and growling at each other as if they were talking. "You're gonna regret making me look for you..."