Chapter 32

Shawn stood in the holding cell pasting in circles waiting. He explained to the cops that he had nothing to do with the party and that a friend invited him. Three hours went by and Karen had finally showed up with Aaliyah following behind her. She was angry with Shawn and everybody in the building could tell.

"What the hell you was thinking!" Karen bursted after Shawn was released.

"Mom calm down they didn't book me .."  he said while rotating both his wrists which were bruised from the handcuffs being so tight.

"Shawn really? Are you stupid? Huh?. Since when do you go to parties? They said they found you sleeping in a bath tub.. what the hell Were you drinking? She asked. Shawn grabbed his guitar from the officer and walked out the building heading towards Karen car. He stopped midway and looked over at his mom who stood beside him. "What's he doing here?" He whispered. Karen ignored him and kept walking towards her car where Ryan and Marlon stood.

"He said he didn't get booked so.." Karen said to Ryan Who nodded.

"Wow.." Marlon mumbled.

"What? You have something to say?" Shawn bursted.

"Hey! Get in the car Shawn" Karen said while shoving him into the backseat next to Aaliyah.

"Yes I have something to say! You're going to be a father but yet you're fucking around!" Marlon yelled from outside the car. Ryan told him to go sit in his car and wait while she talk with Karen. Ryan's baby shower is coming up, and she wants Shawn to be there. Karen gave her opinion, she knows Shawn still loves her and she knows that he's going to be at that shower  why would he miss it. Ryan agreed. She is so anxious to tell Karen that she will be having twins but she wanted to wait till the baby shower. Marlon already booked a female out in Miami who would be setting up the baby shower.  After they finished talking Ryan got back into her car with Marlon and Karen got back in her car with Aaliyah and Shawn.

—————-

The time was six fifty five in the evening and Ryan has just finished cooking dinner for Marlon who was sitting at the table scrolling through his phone.

"Hey lets talk about this baby father situation" he blurted. She sat across from him sipping on a glass of apple juice.

"Not tonight Mar" she said

"No no no yes tonight Ryan. Cause I feel like I'm putting my all into this baby stuff when That's not even my baby.. I just think I should.. you know"

"What are you talking about? I didn't ask you to do anything for me or my babies, you volunteered!"

"No ryan relax I'm not saying it in a bad way and yes I volunteered to help you with the preparation of the babies. What I'm saying is I should be the one who signs that birth certificate.. don't you think?"

"What! No! Fuck no.. I mean excuse my language but my kids is going to have their father in their life, Shawn is not going to neglect his kids and he will be there no matter what we're going through so therefore he will be signing that birth certificate.."

"You just seen him leaving from a jail cell.. he's not in his right mind to raise a child"

" he didn't do anything. He was just at a party probably chilling"

"Yeah I think he's dating my sister's friend myah who he went to the party with, they got drunk and he must've tumbled into the bathroom cause he couldn't hold his liquor and fell asleep in the bathtub, now he's been released from prison? what a father figure"

"What myah?"

"This zombie chick that woke up from a coma a few months back."

"My myah! Wow.. what a small world" she said. Ryan couldn't believe it. I mean myah use to hate Shawn but what made her change her mind? What made her want to hang out with Shawn anyway? There were so many thoughts rambling in Ryan's mind that she couldn't think straight. She is a little jealous at the fact that Shawn might be dating her old best friend myah who lost half her memory.

After finishing dinner she took a shower and crawled in bed next to Marlon who was sleeping on the edge of the bed.
———————

Next day.....—

"I waited for you !" Myah yelled. She wrapped her hair into a tight ponytail and took off her jacket throwing it onto his bed

"How? I got arrested! Luckily they just dropped the charges. I didn't even get put in the system. I could've ruined my record."

"Okay so what's the point of having this conversation If you didn't really get charged with anything?" She said sitting on the edge of the bed. Shawn sat next to her folding his arms as they sat in silence for a quick 20 seconds. She rested her hand onto Shawn's lap. "What is you doing myah.." he said in his low voice. "I don't know.." she replied while laying her lips onto his neck. Shawn shoved her face before getting up.

"Whatever Shawn, if this what you called me over here for, then I'm just going to leave.. see you tomorrow I guess." Myah said leaving out the room. Shawn pulled her back into his room and grabbed the jacket from the bed handing it to her.

"What's tomorrow?" He asked while leaning against the door frame.

"My friend Is having a party  and I'm-" she said but was cut off midway by Shawn covering her mouth with his bare hand. 

"A party? A party myah? I just got arrested the other day. Why would i put myself back into that trap again? He said to her.

She waved him off while heading out the front door of his apartment. "See you at seven pm sharp!" She continued. Shawn handed her, her jacket.

" I don't want Ryan to think anything is going on between us.." he said.

"Who? So you have a girlfriend?" She questioned while putting on her jean jacket. He shrugged his shoulders as he ran his hand through his hair.

Myah rolled her eyes leaving out the front door.

It took Shawn everything in his power not to kiss myah back. He knew things would get serious if he was to kiss her back. But somehow he's still in love with Ryan and didn't want to ruin a relationship with her if she finds out about myah even though he's single but there's a part of him that feels like he's still in a relationship with Ryan which he isn't.

———

The sound of thunder began to shake the entire apartment. Shawn groaned and laid his guitar out on the bed. He had plans to play his guitar outside like he use to do back in the days. Instead he decided to play his guitar in his room. He pulled out his phone and went live on Instagram. He sat on the chair and played his guitar for 2 hours straight. His mother called and told her that a producer in New York wanted to meet him and wanted him to perform a song at a world wide talent show Near the town. Square. Shawn wanted to take that offer but the thing is... he has to be in New York in 4 days which was impossible because his baby shower was in 3 days so he have to decline that offer. Seconds later there were a sound coming from outside his apartment window. It sounded like metal being scratched on. A sound of a screeching tires of a car took off. He went outside and just like he thought .. somebody keyed his car. "Marlon.." he whispered.