Chapter 28

Shawn nervously stood behind the large curtains near the stage watching the crowd as they cheered on the next artist that started performing. He was next up. He didn't know if he was able to focus during his performance because all he could think about is Ryan. A pair of hands laid softly on his back. Shawn quickly jumped and turned his head towards Camila who stood with a big smile on her face.

"Oops sorry I didn't mean to scare you" she said laughing a little. He shrugged his shoulders and looked back towards the crowd. Camila slowly grabbed his guitar placing it on the stool next to them and wrapped her cold bare hands around his warm neck. "What are you doing!" He quietly yelled. Camila pulled away while crossing her arms.

"Oh .. sorry" she said facing the crowd. She looked back over at him as he headed towards his guitar, throwing it over his shoulders while dusting off his shoulders as he prepared to head on stage, she followed him. After the previous artist left the stage, Shawn waited till his name was called. He took deep breaths and pinched his arm. "Up next is a local singer from Toronto...Shawn mendes! And Camila Diez!"

They both stood in front of hundreds of peopl who were cheering them on. Shawn started to play his guitar and the crowd slowly went silent waiting for one of them to sing. Neither Shawn nor Camila opened they mouth. Shawn was nervous that he couldn't sing. He put his lips close to the mic but not a word would come out. They looked over at each other waiting for anything to come out of their mouth. It was silence, just the sound of his guitar was playing. The crowd then started yell in anger telling them to get off the stage. Things got tossed as well hitting Shawn in the head with raw eggs. They both ran off stage. Shawn was angry. He threw his guitar on the ground stomping it with his feet as Camila watched.

"What!" He said as he wiped the yolk from his hair with his hands. He decided that he didn't want to do any more shows for a while until he get his mind right. He wanted to go home.

// //

Ryan sat in her car listening to the radio while anxiously waiting for myah to be released from the hospital. She cried all the way to the hospital because her best friend got out of her coma and is being released today. Ryan called the hospital thirty minutes earlier asking if myah was okay and is she doing well, the doctor informed her that she recently had gotten out of her coma and is being released right after they run a few tests on her. Ryan got out of the car heading inside because myah was taking too long to come out. She walked into the hospital and sat waiting for her. The time was three forty eight. Time began to pass and myah still haven't come out. Ryan got up heading towards the lady who stood behind the counter typing on the computer.

"Hello, I'm here to pick up my best friend who was checking out today.. um.. do you know if she's coming out or not?" She asked. "What is her name and the reason she was here?" The lady replied. Ryan Gave her the name and told her the reason. But the lady said that myah checked out two weeks ago which was strange because ryan called and they said she was being checked out today. "What? This got to be a mistake. Somebody here told me that she was being checked out today!" Ryan shouted.

"We're sorry but she's not here" she said while flipping through reports.

"Well can you get me a supervisor or somebody I can talk to?!" Ryan replied. The lady went to grab somebody from the back room. A few minutes later she came back with another doctor who was wheeling in an elderly patient.

"Hello, I'm guessing you're the one I spoke to today" she said sticking her hands into her coat

"Where's myah? You said she was checking out today" Ryan asked. The doctor moved aside wheeling the elderly lady towards Ryan. "She's sitting right here, myah your best friend is here to take you home" the doctor said. Ryan palmed her forehead with one hand while holding on to her pregnant belly with the other. "That's not her! She's twenty years old not eighty" she replied. The doctor told her that the myah she's looking for has checked out two weeks ago. Ryan rolled her eyes and grabbed her car keys and started to leave. She pulled out her phone while getting into her car. "Fuck!" She yelled as myah call went straight to the voicemail. She started to head towards Myah's house to see why haven't she call and told anybody she left the hospital which was a really big deal to Ryan considering that's her best friend. It took Ryan thirty seven minutes to get to Myah's. Just as she pulled up to driveway, myah was being seen getting out of the car with her mother, she looked different. She was wearing a dress and her hair was straight and she was wearing makeup. She looked girly. Myah never dresses like that. She look like a pretty white girl again. "She has a twin?" Ryan whispered while getting out of the car. She ran towards myah yanking her Into a hug.

"Myah! Why haven't you called me when you got out. I miss you so much!" She said. Myah pulled away. "What the hell? Who is she" She said looking back at her mother who stood by the car with a sad look on her face. Ryan was confused. "It's me, Ryan.. your best friend" Ryan replied while holding onto Myah's hand but she pulled away giving Ryan a crazy look. "I don't know you, haven't seen you a day in my life" she said as she continued while walking towards her front door. "It's okay, she doesn't remember me either. I had to show her pictures and videos" Myah's mother said she told Ryan not to worry and to come back next week when myah is fully recovered. She agreed and left. Ryan waited till she got in the car to cry. She bawled her eyes out all the way to her new home. She needed somebody to call and didn't have a choice but to call Shawn. They talked for a while. Shawn said he caught the last plane and was on his way over by the next day.