Chapter 18

As days began to turn into weeks, Shawn and Ryan haven't seen each other nor talked to each other since the day they split even though they lived right next to each other but they've been avoiding each other. It was seven forty five on a Wednesday and the sky had just turned orange as the sun began to set. Ryan was sitting on the edge of her bed with her hands resting on her lap staring at her TV that wasn't even on. She could hear Shawn throwing filled boxes onto the back of his car  Through the crack of her window. Shawn was packing up his sister Aaliyah, stuff. she was moving back in with her mom because school starts in a few more days and she was only over at Shawn's for a month. Her oven started to beep, she stood up and headed to the kitchen to get the brownies out the oven. They was for Aaliyah. she begged Ryan to make them last week before she heads back to Toronto. Ryan didn't forget, she just didn't want to see Shawn's face. So today she decides to make them for her. She cut the brownies up in to perfect squares and put them into a plastic pan covering it with a lid. Before walking out the house, she looked in the mirror that was near her door and began to fix up her hair a little. She opened the door peeking over at Shawn's yard to see if she can try to go over there without being seen by him. There was no sign of Shawn so she headed to the side of the apartment where Aaliyah stood talking to a blonde hair and blue eyed girl. She was pretty...very pretty. She looked about twenty or twenty one and stood 5'6. Ryan started to walk towards them. They both looked her way and Aaliyah smiled and clapped in excitement when she spotted the brownies. "Thank you so much RY" she said hugging onto Ryan's torso. The blonde head girl leaned against the wall staring at Ryan. Her blue eyes were pretty in the sunset. They were a bright blue color with a hint of grey. "Bye Ryan. Come on camila" Aaliyah said grabbing onto the girl's hand and heading over to Shawn's car. Shawn walked out and Ryan quickly hid beside the apartment and began to peek over at shawn. He headed over to camila and kissed her lips before getting into the car. She stood back and waved as Shawn started the car and began to back out the driveway. Ryan folded her arms and started to make her way back over to her apartment but stopped.

"Hey!" Camila shouted. Ryan turned around and dropped her arms. She watched camila walk her way and started to think. This girl is really pretty and Ryan could not compete with this girl at all. She barely have a waist. She was a walking Barbie doll, a walking hour glass to be specific.

"Sorry I didn't introduce myself. I just moved across the street from your next door neighbor." She said

"Oh.. my next door neighbor?"

"Yeah... but I'm Camila and you are?"

"Ryan. So how did you... ya know, meet him?" Ryan asked while putting her hands behind her back. She wanted to know everything. Her heart was still racing and she had mixed emotions. She didn't know if she should be mad or sad about the situation. She's been dating Shawn for months. It's only been three weeks and he had already moved on.

"Who shawn? I met shawn about a month ago at this place where he performed. We met on stage actually.. he was playing the piano and he sung this song that we wrote together....It was so romantic" she said smiling and gazing up at the sky. Ryan started to pinch herself to calm her nerves. A month ago? Ryan and Shawn was sure as Hell dating a month ago. She didn't know if she should tell her or not. So apparently, Shawn cheated.

"Oh wow....beautiful I guess. Uuh I gotta go, see you around" Ryan said.

"Wait we should-"

"No!...I mean no.. i said I'll talk to you later" Ryan said walking fast to her apartment without looking back. She started to dial Myah's number while heading to her room.

"Ooooh well hello stranger!" Myah said through the phone.

"Girl! Me and Shawn broke up?!"

"I know..."

Ryan jerked back and folded her arms. She haven't talk to myah in about a month so how would she know.

"How you know?"

"I seen him and some blonde head chick eating at this restaurant like a week ago so I assumed y'all had broke up. See you would know this but you ain't been talking to me so."

"You still work there? Well never mind that. But that girl told me they met a month ago. I broke up with him 3 weeks ago so he cheated."

"Girl shut up. You calling me for this bullshit. Did you know I'm pregnant" myah said. Ryan dropped her phone and started to scream. She couldn't believe it.

"You Forreal! Oh my god! Girl we need to start planning the baby shower. You can have it here! Oooh we can do a Island kind of baby shower?!" Ryan continued.

"Girl I'm lying. Calm down" she said.

They exchanged a few more words before hanging up the phone. Ryan stripped out of her clothes walking towards the bathroom and getting into the shower. She turned on the shower and stood in the shower staring at the wall as the water fall down her exposed body.

A few hours later, Shawn had came back from dropping off his sister to find Ryan sitting outside with Myah. He knew myah had to be talking about him cause she kept pointing towards him and clapping her hands every time she would say something. He ignored her and started to head to the door.

"Bring yo ass here and apologize to my friend.  You Stu-!" Myah yelled. He looked over at her and he could see Ryan wrapping her hand around her mouth to keep her from talking. He ignored them and walked inside. He missed Ryan so much. His heart dropped and he had butterflies when he finally seen her for the first time in three whole weeks. Even though he was in whole another relationship, it didn't feel the same. He tried to love camila just like he love Ryan but he can only like her.