Chapter 10

Ryan called and told myah what happened in Shawn's bathroom and she came flying through Ryan's door wanting to know more. Ryan did not even sleep because that was on her mind heavy. She had the nerve to catch feelings for him but didn't have the nerve to kiss him. She was too busy thinking how everything could've been after, if she was to kiss Shawn when she had a chance too. Now in her little mind, Shawn might not even give her the opportunity to kiss him again. Both Myah and Ryan argued about it for the past 30 minutes. "Why didn't you kiss him!" Myah yelled. She sat on the edge of the bed and watched Ryan pace back and forth wearing just a bra and panties. "Because Myah I was nervous. Just thinking about it makes me nervous " Ryan said as she was still pacing the room. They went on and on taking about the bathroom situation that happened yesterday. Just about 4 seconds later There was a knock on the door.

"Damn the pizza man came early. I mean I just confirmed my order. He must've flew here"  Myah said. Ryan went into the bathroom to get dressed while Myah go answer the door. Just when she opened it, she huffed. It was Shawn. He smiled and pulled her into a hug. She shoved him off and made her way into the kitchen and Shawn followed locking the door behind him. "What do you want?" She said. "Oh, you're here?" He answered back while walking into the apartment and headed into the kitchen. "I'm always here.. why? You want me leave so you can kiss Ryan?" She said with a smirk and making kissing noises with her lips teasing and poking him. He looked at her and his ears and cheeks began to light up pink. He was blushing. Shawn came over cause he wanted to apologize to Ryan again for trying to kiss her when she didn't even wanted too. He sat and waited in the kitchen listening to myah talk over and over. "I'm still mad at the fact that your crazy mom lied on my friend" she said. Shawn sat the table and looked up at her and shrugged his shoulders. It's been 25 minutes and They were still waiting on Ryan. Myah went to go check on her. She bursted into the bathroom and rolled her eyes. Ryan was straightening her hair. She was dressed up. "Can you come out now? Somebody is waiting for you" she said. Ryan turned off the flat iron and walked out the bathroom. "Who is it?" She asked. Myah turned to her and gave her a smirk which gave it away. She stopped and started having a whispered conversation with Myah. "That's Shawn? Oh no you got me fucked up. Tell him to leave" Ryan whispered but Myah shook her head no while trying to pull her into the kitchen. They both took a quick peek into the kitchen, and Shawn was sitting there humming to himself while his face was glued to his phone. Ryan was still peeking didn't even know that she was about to get pushed into the kitchen, which she did. Shawn looked up and smiled and she smiled back.

Ryan stood there. Her knees were getting weak. If she were to move, she'll probably fall. Butterflies was starting to eat her guts.

She didn't know how to come face to face with Shawn after the fact that she rejected his kiss. Even though she really want to but she was too shy. Her insides were jumping everywhere. She was excited to know that Shawn actually has feelings for her. A white Canadian guy tries to kiss an African American girl who she thought was way out of his league.

"Hey. I wanted to talk to you in private but I didn't know you had company." He said getting up and walking over to Ryan to give her a hug. Shawn was so tall compared to Ryan. He was literally about 6'1. Ryan was like a midget compared to Shawn. The time was 5:15 in the afternoon and the sun started to set. They all sat at the kitchen table talking. Ryan looked over at Shawn and could immediately tell he wanted to say something important to her by the way he would look at her but didn't because myah was sitting at the table. The doorbell ranged again and Myah went flying to the door which gave him enough time to talk to her. "Did I make you feel uncomfortable yesterday in the bathroom?" He whispered. She took her eyes off him and shook her head no. "So why didn't you kiss me?" He said dusting off his jean jacket. "I was nervous Shawn." She replied while playing with bananas.
He stared right into her eyes and nodded his head. Little did she know, Shawn was nervous too. His palms started sweating just by staring at her lips.

He scooted his chair close to her and started to caress her check. "I was thinking about you all night. I though I made feel uncomfortable and when I texted you, you never responded back. " he whispered. Just when she was about to say something back, myah walked in carrying boxes of pizza and a 2 litter bottles of soda. Shawn dropped his hands to the side and stood up. Myah gave Ryan the smirk again and grabbed a couple slices of pizza before heading back out to the room which made Shawn sit back down since she's not sticking around and eavesdropping.
Ryan started thinking to herself as to why Shawn was acting like a dog who's in heat. Every minute he's caressing her cheek.

"Shawn what are you doing?" Ryan said laughing. She grabbed his hand and gently held it. She could feel the moist in the palms of his hands. She held his hand and locked it they both looked down at their locked hands looking at they're skin complexion. Her dark skin and his white skin which made her feel embarrassed at the way he was staring at her hand. He looked up and smiled.

"I'm sorry. I do that when I'm nervous. But um yeah I-I just came over here to apologize"

Ryan knows when he gets nervous, his face lights up pink and his palms starts to sweat and he stutters and repeats the same thing over and over. she smiled and reached for a pizza and instantly bit into it. Shawn did the same. They sat in the kitchen for hours talking and laughing. myah walked in the kitchen and stood next to Ryan with her arms folded looking over at Shawn. "Hey white boy, your mom out there" she said. Ryan slapped her arm and gave her the look for her racist comment. They got up and followed Shawn out the kitchen and out the front door. Karen was standing near his car with a hammer.

"Mom, what are you doing here?" He said

She started waving the hammer around pointing it towards Ryan. She stumbled over to Shawn and looked up at him. At that point, they knew she was kind of drunk and wanted some attention from Shawn.

"This hammer is for That black son of a bitch over there" she said slurring in her words. Myah huffed, trying everything in her power not to knock her out for the racist things that come out her mouth. Ryan didn't let it get to her, as long as she knew Shawn didn't care about her being black than she didn't care about what Karen say about her. But if Shawn did cared about the color of her skin, he wouldn't been trying to kiss her.
he took his eyes off her and looked around to see if she drove her car here, which she didn't cause her car wasn't parked in the driveway nor on the sidewalk. Myah ran in the house and came back out carrying her big black bag throwing it onto to floor forcefully just when she opened it, bees started to fly everywhere and everybody took off running in different directions. "Damn it myah why did you slam the bag down like that!" Ryan yelled while running. "I forgot I had that jar of bees in there!" Everybody ran in different directions. Myah ran into Ryan's apartment along with Karen and then, Shawn and Ryan ran into his apartment. "Where's your mom!" Ryan yelled while looking out his window. "She ran in your apartment" he replied. Why would she run in Ryan's apartment, when she was closer to Shawn's. They both looked out the window and saw about 600 bees flying around the yard. Some even flew towards the window glass running into it.

"I think those are the bees she threaten me with" Shawn said. She looked over him and laughed. He told her about the day when she got drunk, myah called and asked if he can pick her up but Shawn said no and Myah started to threaten him with the stuff she carried in that black bag.

"She told me either I pick you up and take you home or she's going to pull up to my apartment and tie me up and pour Um.. i think honey and let the bees out on me" Shawn said.
They both burst out laughing from thinking about it. "Where you been all my life?" Shawn whispered. The apartment then grew silent. Nothing but the sound of birds can be heard. They both stared at each other with big smiles on They're faces. Shawn grabbed her hand and walked her towards the couch where they both sat. He got closer to her and cupped her face with his fingers gripping the back of her neck and slowly leaned in smashing his lips onto hers. She wrapped her left arm around his neck while gripping his hair in the back of his head with the other.