Chapter 25

Shawn, Aaliyah, Karen and Manuel sat at the dining table discussing the situation that happened earlier. Manuel wiped his wet eyes.

"Makes no sense..." Manuel blurted.

"Can you Get over it dad?"  Shawn said

"Get over it? You got that thing pregnant! Do you know the responsibilities of raising a child? .. Your career is about to start now you have to put it on hold because you have a whole baby on the way." he continued. Shawn's father wasn't happy about it as you can tell. everybody in the house was except him. He pasted back and forth around the apartment. He was angry. He wanted to choke Shawn but he knew he couldn't. His dad was so angry that Shawn started to have doubts and regrets about getting Ryan pregnant but he knew in his heart that he will not let his dad get in between him and Ryan. Manual went on and on about the situation.

Karen rolled her eyes and huffed. She was happy for Shawn and so was Aaliyah.

"We need to go. Before we miss our flight" Karen bursted as she stood up.

"No, No sit down hun, he needs to hear this" Manuel said. Grabbing her arm. Karen pulled away and sat back down in the chair.

"I'm not going to sit here and listen to this." Shawn said as he stood up to head out the door but his dad Manuel, also grabbed his arm. Shawn jerked back and his father was in shock.
"I'm disappointed in you. I can't believe you would do something like this to me.. you are a disgrace! You know that? And I refuse to let my daughter stay here while your mom and I are away.. Aaliyah! Let's go" he said. Aaliyah stood up and grabbed her bag heading towards him. At this point all hell broke loose because Karen wasn't having it.

"Mom!" Aaliyah shouted.

"No! That's not your decision. She's staying here." Karen said putting her foot down.

Manuel shoved passed Shawn and headed to the car without saying a word.

"I'm sorry about all this Shawn. But that baby is a blessing and I'm happy.. we're happy! He'll get over it okay bye I love you guys see you when I get back. And Aaliyah don't forget to do your homework.!" Karen said as she kissed Shawn and his sister on the cheek before leaving. The apartment was silent. Shawn had second thoughts, he couldn't stop thinking about Ryan, the baby that they're having and his dad. He wanted to just cry. He has so much weight on his shoulders and needed to just be alone. He waited around and  for Aaliyah to get settled before heading over to Ryan's to see if she was okay and she was...

*****

The time was six forty five and the sun was about to set. The bright orange sunlight lit up Myah's hospital room.

Ryan stood beside myah and held her hand hoping and praying that she gets out the coma. She didn't want to lose her best friend. It been quiet at her apartment lately since Myah's not around.

"Girl I'm pregnant... I'm going to be a mother and you're going to be an aunty." She said to her but know that myah can not hear a word Ryan is saying.

The doctor says Myah has been twitching sometimes which is a good sign because then she'll be out of her coma soon hopefully. It's been a month and some days since she's been here. Her mom been giving Ryan some updates but she decides to come see myah herself to see how she's looking and doing. Everybody's been praying for her.

"You okay in here?" The doctor said walking in and checking up on myah. She nodded and smiled.

"Don't worry about Myah, she's a fighter. I bet you she'll be out of this coma some time this month" the doctor said as was writing stuff down on a clipboard.

"I hope so. I just need her here" Ryan replied. The doctor stood and watch Ryan as she held onto Myah's hand.

"Hm.. how about this..Go home and get some rest. You can come back tomorrow okay?" She added.

Ryan nodded and grabbed her purse heading out the double doors of the room. She quickly walked down the hallway and out the building. That's when she seen Shawn and Aaliyah standing out front near her car.

"Um..hey" Ryan said walking towards them and getting they're attention. Aaliyah wrapped her arms tightly around Ryan's neck. She was so happy to see her and that she's going to be an aunt which made her even more excited. Ryan felt loved. Shawn watched as they rocked side to side still holding each other tight. He began to shake his leg wanting to talk to Ryan eagerly.

"I missed you too!" Ryan said. Shawn smiled and ask if Aaliyah can sit in the car while he talk to Ryan alone.

"How's Mayah doing?" He asked. Ryan shook her head.

"Good.. what's wrong?" She asked. Shawn was silent for a split second. He took his eyes of her and put his hands in his pockets.

"I want to apologize for my dad's behavior. I didn't know he was going to react like that and-"

"Shawn it's okay..he'll come around. Your mom did.."

"No babe let me talk. He's a racist and so was my mom and yes she's not anymore but there's nothing I can say or do to change my father's mind. Who cares though. I'm with you not him and that's all that matters"

"I love you and you know that." She replied kissing his face before getting in the car. He got in his car and followed Ryan back to the apartment. The time was seven fourteen and they made it back to the apartment before the rain got crazy. Aaliyah asked if her best friend could sleep over and both Shawn and Ryan agreed. Her best friend came over and they both locked they're self into the room as loud music played. Ryan didn't mind. She headed to her room and Shawn followed. He closed the door behind him and sat on the edge of Ryan's bed.

"What?" Ryan said smiling and laughing at Shawn who stared down at Ryan as if he wanted to eat her up right then and there. He lifted his finger and gestured her to come towards him and she did. She stood in between his legs looking down at Shawn who slowly began to lift up her hoodie from off her body revealing her small boobs that sat up perfectly.

"What are you doing?" She whispered knowing exactly what Shawn was about to do. He ignored her and began to unbutton her pants. She pulled away and laughed.

"Come back here" Shawn said in his stern voice.

"No shawn. I'm pregnant.. remember?" She said as she stood right back in between Shawn's legs.

"Don't worry babe, our baby is protected by the amniotic fluid in your uterus and the strong muscles and other shit. We won't harm it" he whispered while kissing on her chocolate skin. He stood up and swept her up off her feet and body slamming her on the bed. They waisted no time getting undressed before Aaliyah and her friend come out the other room.

Shawn wrapped the sheets around his body and began to go to work on Ryan as her body bounced up and down. Just as they finished they quickly threw back on their clothes and slept the rest of the night.