E I G H T E E N

شامیں ملنگ سی۔

شامیں ملنگ سی۔

***
The front lawn of the house was getting prepared for their reception which is in 4 days, everything was being decorated and no one was letting the bride and groom meet. Syra still remembers how after the first day she and Shameer were separated and an order was given to not to let them meet until the day of their reception.

It had been 2 days that they had not been with each other alone. Little glimpses here and there that are all. Syra does not feel all fine without him and that lone thought is scaring her. She had never been in love -the romantic sort. To think he can claim what she had left off of her scares her deeply. 'being capable yet so incapable of loving is a true form of self-destruction one could find in their self', she had yet to acknowledge this thought that swims in the ocean of chaotic words her mind is.

It was midnight when she sneaked out of the room she had been sharing with Maha. She and Zoya are the youngest when it comes to these cousins. Maha is studying to become a nutritionist. It's great to be around someone who is so passionate about what they want to be. Not just her but the whole family is that way. They allow everyone to follow their dreams and never be the hurdles in the path to that. The kind of support that should be given to everyone by their families.

She was on the terrace and was just sitting on the four-footed string hand made bed. Looking so serene in a baby pink shalwar kameez. The night sky looked all shades of calm. Just what she was looking for. This was what peace was for her. One she had been in dire need of.

Shahmeer like every night again came on the terrace only to find her occupying the place he lays awake at.

He leaned on the door frame and gazed at the beauty she is. The peace that was radiating out of her bringing him to a state of drunkness he had never experienced before.

Shahmeer was not the purest of Muslims out there. He had committed sins one should fear. He had made mistakes and paid the repercussions. But we should not just see the sinner when commits sin, we should see the reason that leads him to do that. What caused his faith to weaken and tremble the way his did, and what made him bring all of it back. Shahmeer had dark and grave secrets that lead him to do what he did.

The moon shining its light on her and the clouds so soft, admiring her quiet and calm self. Everything around her was weak in the knee once they realize that in that body lies a heart so pure and broken one would never want to leave without trying to mend it.

Feeling someone's gaze Syra looked up and froze for a second seeing a figure looming on the door frame. Squinting her eyes she focused on the face and was shocked to see Shahmeer standing there. Their eyes clashed and hearts raced. 'What is he doing here? At this hour of the night!', she turned her face and tried to control the pink hues from spreading on her face.

"What are you doing here?" he asked. His voice had turned husky and mellow and it sounded so close to her. She turned a little only to see him so close to her.