"i'm so sorry you're not entertained," he said through his laughs-  and tyler's laugh joined with his, deeper, warmer.

"maybe we should get out of here," he said quietly, and will giggled.
"yeah, you're probably right."

"come on, before she starts throwing popcorn at us or something," tyler said, and to will's surprise grabbed his hand tightly.

"it was nice talking to you, max!" he yelled, and then started jogging down the empty street, pulling will, still giggling, after him.

and they just ran through the streets, giggling for no reason at all- that awkwardness completely gone.

and they didn't really stop running until they reached the bar, so by the time they haulted to a stop will's face was red, his hair was messy and the hand still tucked inside tyler's hand was probably drenched in sweat- but even with his quick, heavy breath, giggles still broke through.

tyler turned to look at will, his face red as well and his eyes glittering. 

"why did we do that," he asked, that smile still tugging on his lips- and will had no reply. he just laughed, and tyler joined him.

and everything felt great. he felt great, he felt comfortable. he really was, very surprisingly, having a good time.

and he hadn't through about mike since-
damn. ruined it.

"okay, we should probably go in," tyler finally said. he, very gently, let go of will's hand, and used both of his hands to take off his beanie, mess up his hair a little. 

"okay," will said- though he really was having a good time just laughing outside.

tyler finished messing up his hair, put the beanie back on and grabbed will's hand again immediately. 

then, he started towards the bar.
"don't worry, it's gonna' be great. the dj is really something else."

oh, will had forgotten they were heading towards a party. his stomach tightened slightly- he wasn't one for big crowds of people or really parties in general... but he reminded himself he had never really been to a real party. trying new things was good- and this seemed as good an as any opportunity to try.

because this time he had a cute guy holding his hand- and if a party couldn't be fun with that, it would never be fun.

▪ ▪ ▪ 

it wasn't fun.

not fun at all in fact. 

the bar, that had been so cute the night prior, was now so packed with people it was impossible to see anything that had made it fun. all he saw was people. people everywhere, dancing and making out, music blasting so loud will thought his ears might start to bleed.

yeah. not his scene.

but tyler turned back to him, a huge smile plastered on his face and his yes glittering even brighter in the flashing lights. he looked really happy- and will wouldn't ruin it.

"cool, huh?" he screamed, his voice only barely audible over the music. will made an effort to smile, nodding though he really wanted to shake his head and run out. he really, really hated crowds. already he felt like a huge weight was placed on his chest, closing his throat, making it harder to breathe-