Chapter 52~ A Maze

Jason's pov

I am exhausted. Yesterday took a hell of a lot out of me. Miranda was making breakfast. Pancakes and sausage. I tiredly sat down and struggled to stay awake. "Daddy you look tired." Parker says. I nod. Miranda thankfully sets a cup of coffee down in front of me. "Thanks baby. You're a saint." She smiles. "I love ya." She says, hugging me. "It had to be hell on an angel loving the devil outta me." I whisper, kissing her. She resumes breakfast. Suddenly everything goes pitch black. I can't see anything. "What the heck?" I gape standing up. I trip over something and hit the ground hard. What the? I feel the ground. It doesn't feel like the kitchen floor. It feels like metal. What the heck is going on?! Suddenly a dim green light illuminated the room. It was a square room. "Hello?!" I shout, freaked out. Suddenly a little door on one wall opens. A woman in a red dress popped through it. "Thank goodness! Guys I found another one!" "Another... What? Where am I?!" I gape confused. "We're just as lost as you." She says, climbing down a ladder built into the wall. A man with glasses and a teenager with curly hair followed her through the tiny door. "What is this place?" "We don't know. We just woke up here." The chick says. "I... I'm Jerry by the way." The guy with glasses says, extending a hand. I nervously shake it. "Jason." I mumble. "Oh I'm Max." The kid says. "I-I'm May." The red dressed woman says. "These doors lead to different identical rooms." Jerry says, pointing to the door they all came through. "There's got to be a way out." I say, looking at the one near my feet. I nervously turn the handle in the middle of it and look down. It was bathed in orange. "Careful." May says, grabbing my shoulder. "Th-The r-rooms... Sometimes... H-Have traps." She shakily says, wrapping her thin dress around herself. "Traps?" I ask. The boys nod. "Like what?" Jerry shrugs. "We... Well we found a guy in a suit cut in half.. if that tells you anything." Oh man. I close it back up. What should we do? If only I had my wand. Ok this is a long shot. And they'll probably just think I'm crazy. "Do any of you happen to be trained in magic? Or have a wand on you?" Jerry looks dumbfounded. May looks creeped out. But I'm shocked to see a just as shocked look on Max's face. "You have magic?" He asks, walking over. I nod. "You too?" He nods. "I... Other than family I've never met someone who could do magic." "I assume you don't have your wand though?" He shakes his head. "It was gone when I woke up here." Damn. "Me too. I guess we'll have to figure out a way out without magic." I say, resting my hands on my hips. "Anyone got any ideas?" Noone. Didn't think so. I guess we just have to hope we get lucky. "Ok let's see what's in door number 2." I mumble bending back down and opening the small door. "We should drop something in there first just in case." May says. "That's what we've been doing." Jerry says. I nod and drop my hat in and something shoots out of the walls. It hits my hat and when my hat hits the ground, it shatters. "Shit. Well we can't go that way." Jerry says as I stand up. Miranda and Parker must be worried sick.  "Don't worry baby. I'll get back to y'all."