Chapter 8~ An Attack

Miranda's pov

We get to school the next day. "How's everything at home?" I ask nervously. He has a worried look on his face. "Only time will tell if it's not bullsh-" "Attention class." The teacher exclaims. We glance that way as we get to our desks. I set my books down and Jason discreetly pulls out his wand and casts a spell. Time freezes. My eyes go wide. "Jason!" I gasp, smiling. He laughs and pulls me into a kiss. Then resumes time. "You're not supposed to do that." I whisper, smiling at him. He grins mischievously. "Hey girl, you said it yourself. I'm a bad boy. Rules were made to be broken." I turn my attention to the teacher. A blonde girl with glasses stands beside her. "Everyone please welcome our new student, Sierra." She has a confident smile on her face and she sits beside a boy acting as if she knows him. I shrug it off.

*later*

Me and Jason were hanging out in the hall after class, before the next class when the new girl and her friend walk out. "Hey can we talk a minute." She says with that confident I'm better than you attitude. "Sure. What's up?" I say reluctantly. She glances around, students milling about. "In private." I glance at Jason. He looks suspicious. "Actually if it isn't important, we've got plans." He says, grabbing my hand. He doesn't trust these guys. Personally neither do I. "You're wizards." She says simply, making my eyes go wide. Me and Jason lock eyes, both of us wide eyed. "I don't know what you're talking about." I shakily say. She laughs. "Obviously by your reaction it confirms what I already knew. Where's your guardians?" Parker's in gym class and Luke's graduated. I keep quiet about them. "What do you want?" I say, worried. She doesn't seem like the good wizard. She glances at her friend who I'm guessing is her guardian. Then she whips her wand out and fires a fireball at us. We both dodge it, hitting the ground. "Are you okay?" Jason gasps worried. I nod, coughing. He helps me up. I noticed her guardian froze time. "Why are you attacking us?!" I shout. She doesn't answer and throws an ice blast at me, freezing me to the spot. She charges it with electricity and shoots Jason, sending him smashing into the wall with a groan. "What do you want from us?!" I scream angrily. "Nothing sweety. Nothing but your abilities. There's only room for one wizard around here." "No! Wait!" I gasp but she takes my wand. "Stop." Jason mumbles, barely conscious as the boy takes his wand. Then she melts the ice and disappears with what's his name. I run to Jason. "Oh man, I need my wand!" I mutter angrily, wanting to heal him. I look around, realizing we're in the basement now. Probably so people don't wonder what happened. He's waking up. "Where are we?" "The school's basement." I help him up and we get to my house. "DAD!" I cry worried. Jason sits on the couch, winded. Dad walks downstairs. "What's all the yelling?" "We were attacked dad by some new kid in school. She took our wands!" "Who?" I shrug. "Her name's Sierra. She knew we were wizards just by looking at us. What's gonna happen now?" "Where were your guardians." "They were gone doing other stuff." "I'll try to track your wands. If we find them we find her." Jason tries to stand up. "I want to help." "You can't. Just rest off that nasty shock." Dad packs a few things and is out the door. I'm scared. "That's never happened to me before." I whisper. He sits up and hugs me. "And it'll never happen again."