Chapter 30~ Back

Jason's pov

*in his dream*

The pitch black darkness is slowly driving me crazy. I spun around and ran, trying to find any sort of light. It was dark. Too dark. "You can't do it alone." A voice whispered. "Who's there?!" I shout, freezing. Dark glowing red eyes stare at me from within the inky blackness. A foggy cloud shoots through me, freezing me to the bone. "Who are you?! What do you want?!" "Your eternal soul!" It bares it's teeth and bites into my shoulder, a pained scream rips out of me.

*he wakes up*

I shoot up, gripping my shoulder, ghostly pain being felt but not really there. "Just the memory of it." I shakily whisper, raggedly breathing. I get in the shower and lay my head against the tiles. "Get it together Aldean! She's counting on you!" But I can't stop thinking about that other world. That horrid other world. It was something out of my worst nightmares. I get a bad feeling in my gut. But it's probably just paranoia from the lousy nightmare. I walk downstairs and cast a spell on myself to help me wake up. I wish I could cast a spell to erase it from my memory but we've tried everything and read every book. There's nothing that'll help. I wish I knew what that place was. It was a place of nonexistence. I'm only just now realizing. I've got no clue where my wife is. I call her phone. "Where are ya, babe?" "I went to the store. Been craving twizzlers. I'll be home in-" Her voice cuts off, making fear fill me. "Babe?" "Jason....... Parker is here." Shit!! I hear Parker yell, "Get out of the car!" Shit!!!! I drop the phone and grab my wand. "I need to be with my wife. So I can save her and our baby's life!" I find myself on the roof of an apartment building. I look below me and see Parker and Miranda. "Parker, please stop!" She begs, stepping back. "You don't have to hurt me!" "Where is he, Miranda?!" She's talking about me! I know she is. "I won't tell you!" "Where-" I jump down landing in between the two. Both girls gasp in surprise. "I'm right here." I whisper, adrenaline and rage pumping through me. She smiles. "I've waited a long time to do this." I push Miranda into the apartment building. "You're such a problem." I whisper shaking my head angrily. I pull out my wand but she shoots it from my hand with her own spell. I rub my enflamed hand, gritting my teeth from the red hot pain. My wand is almost ten feet away. I won't be able to get to it before she shoots me with some kind of spell. She smiles. "Still remember the negaverse spell?" "Negaverse?" I gape confused. "The dark. The place where nightmares exist." Horror fills me as the nightmarish visions come back to me. The fire like pain of the monster ripping into my shoulder. The consuming darkness. I'm frozen in fear. She readies her wand. "Prepare to die." She whisper growls. Wait a second. I'm Jason Aldean. Jason fucking Aldean. I've been too dependant on magic! Not anymore. I was tough and not taking crap before I learned about magic. I can be that way again. "Actually Parker it's you who is going down!" I run forward throwing her not only off guard but off her feet as I slam her in the chest. She hits the brick wall and I pin her arms down. In her panic, she drops her wand. "Without your wand, you're just an ordinary kid." I smile. "Just.... Like.... Me." Her eyes go wide in fear. I raise my fist to punch her.  "WAIT!!!" I freeze hearing Miranda scream that. We both look at her confused. "We sign our cards and letters bff. You've got a million ways to make me laugh." My wife starts singing. We both stare at her confused. "Is she singing Hanna Montana?" I whisper. "A true friend." Parker whispers shocked. "Our song." "You're lookin' out for me! You've got my back. It's so good to have you around." Parker started crying. I'm so confused. "You know the secrets I could never tell. And when I'm quiet you break through my shell. Don't feel the need to do a rebel yell. Cause you keep my feet on the ground." "What on earth is going on here?" I whisper. Parker pulls free and starts walking to Miranda. "You're a true friend! You're here til the end. You pull me aside when somethin' ain't right. Talk with me now and into the night. Til it's alright again! You're a true friend!" I scratch my head, trying to make sense of what just happened. Both girls were crying. Miranda took Parker's hands. "You're a true friend."

Miranda's pov

"Please Parker come home. Be my sister again." I whisper, wiping my eyes. She's also crying. "Oh Miranda I'm so sorry. I was blinded by jealousy and fear. Can you ever forgive me??" We hug tightly. "Of course I can!" "What in God's name just happened?!?!" Jason shouts, angrily and confused. He stomps over and grabs Parker's shoulder. "If you think for one second, I'll let you anywhere near my-" "Jason, let her go." I say. "No! She tried to kill me! Not to mention you! We've been over this-" "Let her go now!" I whisper, pointing my wand at him. He stares at me shocked. "Babe what are you doing?" "I don't care what you say. Parker is my best friend. She's not going away. I can and will help her and if you can't tolerate that, we can't be together." The look on his face is a mix between shock and betrayal. He lets her go. "I'm sorry!" She gasps. He glares at her enraged. "Everybody makes mistakes. Everybody has those days!" She tries to plead. I'm worried. What's gonna happen now? His stare turns to me "I can't and won't stay here. Not with her around." "What do you mean?" I cry confused. He walks to his wand and picks it up. "Consider us dead and gone." He whispers then says a spell, teleporting somewhere. Horror fills me at his final words. "Consider us dead and gone." Parker falls to her knees and cries hard. I have to get him back. I need him and so does our child. He or she needs his or her father. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry!" She whispers. I help her up and take her home. "What are you gonna do?" She cries, grabbing my arm. I hug her. "I'm gonna do what I do best." "Which is?" "I'm gonna get him back." I open the door. Dad is worried. "But you don't even know where he is!" Oh yes I do. And if I know that hotheaded temperamental Georgian, he's gonna be in a rage.