Chapter 41~ Stressed To The Max

Miranda's pov

All through dinner, I worried. My son asking me about what happened for some odd reason has me very nervous and I have no idea why I'm so torn up about it. Jason doesn't have any clue that anything is wrong. How do I talk to him about this? How did Parker get so cunning. The boys finish eating before me and Jason takes him upstairs for bed. I start on dishes when I heard my husband's footsteps. He leaned against the counter. "Teachin' Parker magic today was... Was really freakin' cool." He says, staring intently at his fingernails. I force a smile and nod. "It feels great to... I don't know... Feel needed again. I still feel bad about all that trouble I caused." I quickly look over at him caught off guard. "W-What?" "You alright?" He asks. I nervously nod. "No you're not. What's wrong? You were quiet all through dinner." "I... I'm fine." I mumble, putting a wet hand against my sweaty forehead, feeling light-headed all of a sudden. "Come on honey, I know you better than that. I'm your true love remember?" I stare at his worried face an burst into tears. "Oh Jason! I can't believe it!" "What?" He gapes caught off guard, grabbing my arms. I tell him about what happened and he looks stunned. "I don't know what to do! I'm just so freaked out!" "We can't tell him right now." "B-But... What... What do we do?" I feel so dizzy. My legs feel heavy. "Jason..." I whimper, my vision fading to black.

Jason's pov

I scream in surprise and worry, quickly catching her and getting on my knees. "Baby?! Wake up?! What happened?!" Why'd she fall unconscious?! I quickly call an ambulance panicked. If only I could use magic! I could heal her. While I wait for the ambulance, I hear Parker shout daddy! "Don't come down here, bud!" I say, my voice shaking with fear. Her dad arrives before the ambulance. He asked what happened and I explain it best I can. Trying my damndest not to panic. "She just fainted due to stress and worry." He says, feeling her forehead. "I sorta freaked out and called an ambulance before I called you." I say slightly embarrassed and still terrified despite what he said. "It's okay, Jason. She'll be fine. And it might be a good thing you called them. She needs some kind of nerve calming medication." "Can't you heal her with some kind of spell?" He sighs and shakes his head. "I could but the spell could have dangerous side effects." The ambulance arrived as Parker came down the stairs. "MOM!" He yells. I quickly grab him before he runs out the door. "MOMMY!!!" "She's okay son. She just needs to rest!" "No!! They don't need to take her!" "They're not gonna hurt her Parker. She'll be back home tomorrow morning." He was crying. Her dad went with her to the hospital. I'm so worried about her. I take Parker back to his bed. "I want mama!" "She'll be home in the morning. The sooner you go to bed, the sooner mama will be home." "You promise?" "Of course buddy." I say hugging the poor confused kid.