Chapter 17~ Being Controlled

Jason's pov

*in his dream*

"So you figured out the cure. You saved your little princess." I grit my teeth in anger. "Show yourself you cowards!" I yelp, rage building up inside me. "You can't protect her forever. And one day.... When you're weak.... When you've lost it all... We'll be there. Trust us. The darkness is much better." Not it isn't! Evil is never better in any movie I've ever watched. "But this isn't a movie. It's real life." I whisper shakily, terrified. "Join us. And all your wildest dreams will come true." I shake my head and back away, sweat pouring down my face. "I could never...." I shakily mumble hitting my knees. "I can't." "Join us. Join us!" They chant. It's never ending.

*he wakes up*

I sit up, sweat drenching me, fear filling me, and a nauseating feeling in my gut. Miranda sleeps soundly beside me. After seeing her like that on a regular basis, it's almost second nature for me to worry. But I know she's okay. I saved her. I figured out the right spell. "Join us." My eyes open wide, bloodshot and panicked. "I will never join you." I whisper, pulling my legs to my chest and wrapping my arms around them.

Miranda's pov

I hear mumbling. I open one eye and see Jason mumbling, freaked out. I sit up confused. "Jason, what's wrong?" He stares at me but I can tell he doesn't see me. He's in some sort of freak out trance. I rest a hand on his shoulder. "Jay. Take a deep breath. Come back to me." I shakily say. "I won't ever join them baby. I promise. I won't be a bad guy!" I'm so confused. "Jason, what do you mean?" "They.... They're telling me...... It's better.... You.. You get whatever you.... Want.... But... B-But... I know that's not true... Right? It's not true?" What's not true, Jay?" "The bad guys.... The bad guys that do magic for evil! They don't get whatever they want! They're not good! I can't be like them!" What the?! "Of course not! And you're not like them! You're the exact opposite! You're a good man. One of the best there is!" "They... They're telling me to join them." He whispers, breathing hard. "Don't." I shakily say. "Don't give in to them." He looks into my eyes, seeing me for real for the first time since waking up. "I won't. I can't.... R-Risk... Anything h-happening.... T-To y-you." I'm really worried about him. "Maybe we should get some sleep." I suggest. He nods and lays down. "I'm s-sorry. I'm probably f-freakin' ya out." We stare into each other's eyes. "Nonsense Jason. You're my hero, my soulmate. My true love." He smiles. "I love you too." He says.

*the next day*

The man I saw last night has completely vanished today. He's smiling and back to his badass crazy self. We threw a pool party and I was keeping a close eye on him. That's when I noticed for a split second, his hand twitched and fear filled his eyes. I nervously watched him worried. He drops the beer in his hand and walks over to the house, leaning against it. I stare at him confused now. He withdraws his wand secretly. "What are you up to?" I whisper confused. I was about to walk over when Parker screamed! I ran to her side. She had a nine inch nail sticking out of her side! "It just shot out of the barn!" She screams, in pain! I glance back at Jason. He had a concerned look on his face. But also guilty.

Jason's pov

I can't believe I did that! "No more." I whisper, talking to the voices in my head. "Jason?" I spin around, instant worry hitting me. "Y-Yeah?" "What's going on with you?" My girlfriend asks. "I... Nothing." I lie. "Something is bugging you, Jason, please talk to me!" I don't even know how to tell her. About the voices and everything going on since she woke up. She stares at me oddly. "You don't remember anything do you?" I raise an eyebrow confused. "What do you mean?" "Last night. You were talking crazy. About evil. And not becoming it." I stare at her shocked. I don't.... I don't remember saying anything like that! I shake my head. "Not sure what you're talking about darlin'." I say, nervously. "What happened with Parker?" I ask, hoping it'll keep her suspicion away from me. "I.... A... Nail from a nail gun somehow shot her." I nod. "Whoa. Can't believe that happened!" I gasp. She nods. "Me... Me either Jay. Are you sure you're feeling alright." I nod nervously. "Just tired. Didn't sleep well last night." I say with a fake yawn.

*later*

"I'm not doing anything else for you." I whisper, gritting my teeth. "Don't worry you've done all you needed to do." The voice whispers. My eyes go wide. "What... What are you gonna do?" I ask fearfully. "It's not me. It's you. You did this. She's vulnerable to any attack now. Thanks Jason. Your dirty work will help me complete the take over." The breath catches in my throat. "No! Please don't hurt her! She's the only thing that matters to me in this world!" I shakily choke out. "Too bad."

Miranda's pov

Jason runs over and grabs my hands. "Baby I did something bad!" He says fearfully. "What?" I gape confused. "I did it! The nail gun! It was my fault! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to! I couldn't stop the voices in my head! They told me to! And now they're out to get you! I'm so sorry!" I have no idea what to do but I do know some very strong magic is at work here. "I promise you baby. I'll do whatever it takes to protect you. Even if it means showing off magic." I stare at him shocked and wide eyed. "You can't! It's against the rules!" He smiles and hugs me. "Baby since when did I follow the rules? I'm a bad boy, remember?" "Yeah you're a bad boy. Not a bad guy." His eyes go wide, fear in then. "I am. I hurt Parker." "It wasn't your fault Jason. We'll figure this out together. But you have to tell me what's going on!"

Jason's pov

I can seethe fear and concern in her eyes. She's known something was wrong. She just didn't know what. I can't tell her. I can never tell her. So I lie instead. "I.... I... D-Don't know, sweetheart." I say, shakily. "You're not a bad guy, Jason." Oh if only she knew. All the people I forced to help me find a cure. I wouldn't let them leave their desks for nothing. Not til they found something to save her. I am a bad guy. I'm a terrible guy. But she doesn't know all that. She can never know that. And she never will.