Chapter 48~ A Battle Of The Ages

Jason's pov

I get home beyond shaken. Luke was here. "There you are!" Miranda gasps hugging me. "Where were you?" Luke asks. "You said you were going home!" "I... Yeah I took a long walk. I n-needed to clear my head." "What's wrong? Something happened to you. What was it?" My loving wife asks, her hands on my shoulders. I've got to tell them. I can't handle this fiend on my own. Suddenly a searing headache rips through my skull. I fight back screaming as to not worry my family. "Please talk to me." She begs. The pain in my head is unbearable. I open my mouth to speak but the pain increases so much so I can't utter a word. "My head hurts." I struggle to say. Then I get light-headed and before I know it, the ground is hurtling up to my face.

Miranda's pov

Jason was in a fitful sleep after falling unconscious. I need to know what's wrong. What happened to him? Luke was pacing. "It has something to do with that guy." Huh? "What guy?" "There was this really sketchy guy at the bar. Jason was acting weird ever since we saw him." "Babe." He mumbles groggily. "Jason!" I gasp. "We're in danger. We all are... This guy." He mumbles then grab his head. "What's wrong? What happened?" I gasp, pulling his hand down. He grits his teeth. "He's going to hurt you... If... I don't help him. "Help who?" I gape, worried. "John." He mumbles, falling unconscious. I'm so scared and confused. "What the heck?" Luke cries, shaken up. I hold his hand. I look over my shoulder and see Parker peeking in the doorway. I take a deep breath. "Clearith thine mind, speak freely of doubts." I whisper the enchantment. He groggily wakes up again. "Now tell me what is going on?" "A guy..... He wants to open up the negaverse.... Use the demons to take over the world. He threatened to hurt you and Parker if I don't help him." "That guy has nothing on us. I'll report him to the mage police." "My head is killing me... I think... He's doing it somehow."

Jason's pov

Fear settled into the pit of my stomach. He can't do magic. Does he already have someone else to help him!? She leaves the room, presumably to call the mage police. "Was it the guy dressed in gray?" Luke asks. I nod, rubbing my temples and grabbing my wand. "I need to stop this pain." I gasp, desperate. Miranda walks back in. "They're going to investigate." I struggle to stand up. "We've got to stop him. I've got the worst feeling in my gut." She says some kind of spell and my head stops hurting. Thank God. I take a deep breath. "Miranda.... I don't know if you know this but.... We aren't human. Humans can't do magic. We're mages." "We are human, Jason. Whatever that guy told you was ludacris." She says. "We're human just with more powerful ancestry." I'm nerve-wracked. "We've got to stop this guy. He's going to do something really really bad." The lights click off suddenly, plunging us into darkness and we hear Parker scream. Terror shoots through me as I scream my son's name and run out the door "Parker!!!!" I cry desperate. "I warned you." Shit. "Let him go!" I cry, terrified. He smiles. A man with dark blue hair stood beside him, wand at the ready. "Let Parker go." I growl, clenching my fists. "Animagus!" The other wizard yells. He transforms into a lion! I ready my wand and blast him back then teleport behind John to get Parker. After safely securing my son, I teleport back to my girl. "Luke get him somewhere safe and get Miranda's dad. We need help. We can't defeat him alone." He nods and rushes out the back door with my son.