Chapter 6~ His Guardian

Parker's pov

Suddenly a boy appears in my room. "Who are you?" "Jason's guardian. I'm guessing you're Miranda's?" I nod. "The name's Parker." "Luke." "I'm not just her guardian. She's my best friend. And you mustn't ever tell her I'm a guardian." "Of course not. I just came to see who I'm working with."

Jason's pov

"You can't tell your parents that you do magic. They'll freak." Her dad says. "I already knew that since Miranda isn't supposed to tell no one." I say, shooting her a smile. She glares at me with a smile. "Ok today we're going to learn the morphing spell. With this spell, you can change yourself into anything you want but only for a short time. If you don't change back within the hour, you can be stuck like that. Who wants to try first?" I stand up confident for the first time in my life. "Ok you have to say Changius Metamorphosis while imagining what you want to turn into." Ok um what do I want to turn into? It'd be funny to transform into my dad, scare him at the bar. Before I know it, I've done exactly that. Well other than the scaring my real dad. "Did it work?" "Yes it did! Now change back!" She gasps, freaked out. I change back. "Good job."

*later*

I get back home. Dad wasn't home thank God. "Where have you been the last two days?" "Uh at a friend's house." I say, half lying. She turns around and she has a huge red mark down her cheek and neck! "Mom! What'd he do?!" I screech, running over to her. "His belt. I'm okay, Jason!" God dang it! I put my hands on the side of my head angrily. "God dammit!!!! I'm so sick of him!!!" "Jason! Please calm down!" She gasps. In my anger I shove the coffee table into the front door. "I hate him!!" She hugs me tightly. Then someone bangs on the door. "Why can't I open this door?" Dad growls. Terror fills me. "Open this damn door!!!" I back up, keeping mom behind me. "You can't fight him, Jason." "Who said anything about fighting?" I whisper, shakily. The door slams open and the coffee table flies forward hitting me in the stomach. I hit the wall, the table pinning me there! "Mom!" I cry, trying to break free. "You tried to lock me out!?!" "No! I didn't!" She cries terrified. He raises his fist to punch her. "It was me!" I scream. He lowers it and turns his stare on me. "Oh shit!" I cry, trying to shove the coffee table off me. He throws it, furious. Then the door opens. "Huh? Luke? What are you doing here?!" "You needed me!" But how'd he know? "Come on! Over here drunky!" He glares at him enraged"you're dead brat!" "No!" I cry shakily. He runs at Luke who throws him into the wall. Whoa! He's unconscious. "How the..... How did you do that?!" He smiles and walks over. "Jason, you're my friend. I couldn't let him beat you up again." "B-But how'd you know?.... Are you.... Magic too?" He smiles. "I'm your guardian. It means I protect you no matter what." This is totally insane.

Miranda's pov

I get a phone call at three in the morning. "What?" I grumble groggily, annoyed from being woken up. "Jason?" I gasp, hearing labored breathing. "My dad..... Came home drunk again..... Luke stopped him. We need to talk." "Ok. The old nightclub?" "Yeah the old nightclub." I can hear the smile in his voice.

Jason's pov

I put a protection spell on mom in case dad woke up. "Don't worry mom. One day, I'll be strong enough to stop him for good." I kiss her forehead and run out the door. I get to the old nightclub and she was already here. I explained everything about Luke and guardians. "You've probably got one too!" Her eyes go wide. "Parker." My eyes go wide too. It makes sense. How she's super overprotective. And always hanging around. I shakily force myself to say this. "Thank you." "For what?" "Without you..... Your dad teaching me magic... Luke came and saved me and my mom from getting beat up on... So....... Thank you." She blushes. "Oh it was nothing." She says, waving her hand. "Correction. It was everything." I whisper, grabbing her hand, pulling her to my chest, and kissing her hard.

Miranda's pov

Shock fills me. I wrap my arms around his neck. I breathe his name shakily and breathless. I lay my head against his chest. "That felt...... So right." He whispers. "That was a great kiss." I whisper, looking into his painfilled green eyes. The years of abuse has taken it's toll on this poor boy. "Jason, I-" "Wait.... I know fate has already paired us together you've told me and I just wanna say...... I couldn't be happier." I smile, fighting back tears. He kisses me again, hard and full of love and passion. "I love you." I whisper. "I love you too." He whispers back. "Please though, don't let me turn out like my dad. I don't want to be like him, please, it's my greatest fear." He looks on the verge of tears. "I promise you this Jason, as your soulmate, I will not let you become what you despise most." He takes a deep shaky breath. "Thank you." I smile. "Everything is gonna be okay now."