Chapter 4~ Help

Miranda's pov

I get back home and go to dad's study. "Dad, I need to talk to you." He looks up. "What is it? And why do you look so scared?" "I am." I shakily say, setting my wand on his desk and sitting down. "I met a boy not too long ago and I ran into him today while I had an age spell on me but.... He didn't know I had an age spell on me." His eyes go wide. "Your true love." He whispers. "I don't want him to be though! He's a jerk and a bully and his home life is terrible. I'm scared of him dad and I don't want to be in love with him." "There's nothing I can tell you. I can't change it." "But dad..... He knows about my powers." His eyes go wide. "He's not gonna tell. He promised he won't."

Jason's pov

That girl is confusing. I need to stay as far away from her as I possibly can. Mom was downstairs working on dinner. Dad was at the bar. I grab my guitar with shaking hands. "One day I'll make it out of this hell hole." I whisper, fighting back the tears.

Miranda's pov

I sneak out and to his house. There's no stopping it. Fate has already paired us together. You can't change your fate. I see him in his room. I pray his dad isn't home. I hear a loud crash and see that he's flung something across the room in anger. I shakily knock on the door. A woman stands there. "Yes, can I help you?" "Can I...... Uh I mean I'm a friend of Jason's. Do you mind if I talk to him?" She glances at the stairs. "He's.... He's not up for talking right now." "That's why I need to talk to him. It's my fault he's upset." "What'd you do to my son?!" "Let her by mom." I hear Jason say, his voice trembling. She glares at me a second more then opens the door. "What do you want?" He asks when his mom leaves. "To apologize. I shouldn't have gotten in your head like that. It was an invasion of privacy. And I'm sorry." He stares at me, as if he doesn't care. "Is that all?" I rub my arm a little awkward and confused now. "I was worried about you, Jason. You were really mad when you left the nightclub." He glances at the kitchen. "Be quiet. Mom doesn't know I go to bars. She'd kill me." "Sorry." "Stop it! God dang it! I can't stand hearing that word." "What? Why?" I gape confused. He clenches his fists. "We'll talk in my room. I don't want mom to hear." I close the door and follow him to his room. "Sorries are just empty promises to me." He says. "What do you mean?" "My idiot dad. Everyday he apologizes for beating my mom then every night he comes and does it again. He's not sorry if he's gonna keep doing it. So saying sorry just pisses me off." "Oh um.... I won't then. I'm not sure what to do." "Nothing. There's nothing you can do. Just don't.... Don't mention anything about my dad to mom, it freaks her out." "I won't. I'm glad you don't hate me." He sits on his bed. "I uh I hate that I got so pissed at ya. It's just...... My parents are a really sore subject." "It's okay Jason. I understand." "You don't understand unless it's happened to you." He whispers then covers his eyes, I can tell he's trying not to cry. I sit beside him and hug him. "It's gonna be okay Jason." "How do you know?" "Cause I'm gonna be here for you. It's okay to cry." "No it ain't. Thanks but no thanks I don't need some girl's help." He says, standing up. "I thought we were gonna be friends." "Well we can't! Just.... Get out!" "Wait! Calm down!" "I said get out!" His eyes are wide in panic. "Please you have to leave!" "Why do you hate me all of a sudden!?" I gasp trying not to cry. "Shit! I don't hate you! You have to go! NOW!" "Why?" Then the door slams open. He cringes. Crud. His dad is home. That's why he wanted me to leave. "Dammit! Now you're trapped here too! There's no tellin' what he'll do to us when he sees you!" I clench my fists. "He won't do anything." I say. He stares at me confused. Then I pull out my wand and his eyes get huge. "No!" He cries, snatching it from my hand. "Hey!" "I don't know what your plan is but you can't go castin' spells on my parents!" "I wasn't! I was gonna get us outta here!" He stares at me fear in his eyes, most likely for his mom. "Where are you Margaret?" He drunkenly slurs downstairs. He cringes again, hearing his voice. "Ok." He gives it back. I grab his hand. "Oh wait!" He grabs his guitar.

Jason's pov

She waves her wand and says some words I don't fully understand in my fuddled mind then we reappear in some room with a bunch of books, a desk, and a fireplace. "Where are we?" "My dad's study. This is where I learn magic." The chair turns around. "Dad, this is Jason." He waves. I confusedly wave back. "What's going on?" "You my boy are gonna start your wizard training." He says. What?!