Chapter 57- Conflicted

Jason's pov

I finally make it back home and my poor family runs over worried sick. Miranda's dad had his arms crossed. I swear you get into more trouble than I can count." He smiles, catching me off guard. "Any idea what it was?" Parker asked. "Some nutjob." I say, sitting down. Thankfully her dad takes Parker to another room so we can talk.  "This guy was hunting down people who may further his cause." I say, worried. She stares at me confused. "He wants us magic users to not have to hide..... And.... Well... I kinda agree with him." She sighs. "Jason we can't. You know we can't. Don't let him corrupt you." I glare at the floor frustrated. "We can still help people instead of hide!" "Nobody will understand. Do you remember when people were thought to be witches? They were burned at the stake!" I roll my eyes. "That was a long time ago. Times have changed significantly. You know that." She sits beside me and hugs me sideways. "People never truly change. They will always be afraid and outcast us." Maybe she's right. Heck. She's always right. Even though I don't want to admit it. "I know. You're right baby. I'm just so damn frustrated." "Life's a bitch." She says. Parker runs out and jumps into my lap. I smile and hug him tight. Life's pretty annoying at times but God am I happy to have the people I have in my life. 

*a few days later*

I was excitedly training Parker some defense spells. I loved seeing him so interested in magic. I just wish like heck we didn't have to hide. It could be used to better the world. To cure diseases. I don't know. I finish up his lesson and decide to take a walk to clear my head. This all has me angry at the world. But I know I can't do anything drastic. I mean I got extremely lucky being let out of prison. I regret alot of the things I've done. Especially killing Parker and hurting my girl. I wish like heck I knew what to do. Maybe somewhere down the line, I'll know what to do. Or maybe I'll figure it out. I just need a sign.