Chapter 58~ A New Friend?

Miranda's pov

Jason's been in a bad mood for a few days. I know it's because he hates hiding being a wizard but it's illegal. He'll get his magic taken away like before. He and Parker were practicing some new spells but you could tell he wasn't as into it as he normally is. I felt for him. I wish we didn't have to live in secrecy but that's just how it is. Well I have a surprise that may cheer him up a bit. We're going to New York for vacation. I've already packed.

Jason's pov

I'm trying to be happy but everything has me frustrated and angry. I hate that side of me. I try so hard to contain the anger. I'm scared someday I'll blow up and hurt them. I hate myself so much. Me and Parker were learning some pretty cool spells today though so I guess that helps. "OK now let's revise. Which spell allows you to pass through solid objects?" "That's easy, Gothrough Mothrough!" He says, smiling. His happy attitude sure can help me survive the day to day turmoil that rages in me. "OK that was a little easy. How about something harder?" I say in a fake menacing voice. "What is that new duplication spell we learned today. He thinks for a second, tapping his chin with his wand which makes me laugh slightly. " Edgebono Utoosis!" He says, while waving his wand. Wait.... What did he.... I turn around and come face to face with another me! Crap. "What? Um how do I get rid of it?!" He gasps jumping up. The other melooked super confused and a little scared. "You can't kill me!" He said backing up. This is too weird. But honestly one of me is too much. I gotta get rid of this weird clone. "Edgebono Erasis." I quickly say, before he can protest. I already feel bad enough. "That was super weird." Parker murmurs, hiding behind me. "Yeah let's not tell your mother about that." "Tell me about what?" Oh crap. "I made a clone of dad!" He excitedly cries, running over to her. So much for keeping it a secret. "We were going over the spells we learned today and he accidentally cast the duplication spell on me." I say, walking over and picking the goofball up. "Ugh already 8 years old. You're almost too big to pick up." I gasp, a little bummed wishing he was a little baby again. "Well anyways, boys, we're going on vacation!" Huh? "To where?" I ask surprised. "New York. There's museums and a parade this weekend I'd like to go to. Not to mention the hotel, we're staying at is a Wizard hotel so we don't have to hide our abilities." Wow! "I didn't even know that was a thing!" I say, shocked. She smiles, excited. We walk out to the living room where she already had suitcases packed. "Wow that was fast." She laughs softly. "I've been sitting on this for a week." She says, proudly picking up the suitcase. "Grab your cases boys." Parker runs to his excited and I grab mine. "How are we getting there?" He asks as Miranda held his hand. I put an arm around my wonderful wife as she does a teleportation spell. We reappear in the lobby of a fancy hotel. I assume the one she told us about. "Welcome go the Grandieur Plaza!" She exclaims, making me almost laugh at how cute she's being but I catch myself. We check in and then go exploring. "There's a museum that has exhibits on all kinds of magical history and magic related artifacts." She says, excitedly holding my hand. "Wait how will that look to regular people?" "It'll just look like an office building to anyone else." We go grab a bite at a nearby sub shop before heading to the museum. We were in line to order when I heard a crash. A teenage girl was carrying something heavy in a box and it fell and broke. I was about to walk over to help her when I was shocked to see her pull a wand out. "Red skies at night, fix it right." She whispers and it fixed the broken whatever it was. "Hey is this sub shop also for wizards only?" I ask, tapping Miranda on the shoulder. "No. Why?" "That girl... She used magic." I say, pointing. "Oh cool! It's not often we meet other magic users that aren't evil." She was about to walk over but it was our turn in line. Maybe next time. "Welcome to the Waverly Sub Station,  what would you like?" He glanced nervously at the girl. They definitely look like siblings. Miranda does the order but I'm super curious. I've never met another Wizard Family. I can't wait to get to know them.