Chapter 18~ Bendin' The Rules And Breakin' the Law

Miranda's pov

I wake up, confused and alone. I walk down the hall to dad's study. I hear him and Jason talking. "She won't be vulnerable." Jason whispers shakily. "I know you want to protect her but as long as these guys are still in your head, we're defenseless." "I don't know what to do, man! Every time I've tried to get rid of 'em, they make me have an unbearable headache!" Dad sighs. "You have to fight through the pain, Jason." He shakes his head. "Y-You don't understand." I throw the door open. "What's going on?" They keep quiet. I glare at them annoyed! "Someone tell me!" I shout. Again they refuse to speak. "Alright." I mumble annoyed and pulling out my wand. "These boys have kept me shielded from what's going on. Tell me now so I'm not a pawn!" I shout, pointing it at Jason. His eyes go wide. "Ever since I saved you, those same guys have been out to get you. They went through me to hurt Parker and they're using me to bring us down! I'm the one that hurt Parker and almost gave away our location." He covers his mouth. "Stop doing that!" He yelps. I shakily drop my wand. "Y-You told... Them... We were at the nightclub that night?" I shakily whisper, pointing at him. "Not on purpose! They got in my head! They're still in my head and I don't know what to do!"

Jason's pov

She backs away, tears in her eyes. "Baby wait!" "You..... You are a monster!" She yells pointing and running from the room. My hands are shaking. I'm about to run after her but her dad grabs my arm. "Until those spies are out of your head, being around her is dangerous." "B-But.... No one is protecting her!" "Call your guardian!" "You mean Luke?" He nods. I shakily pull out my phone and dial my best friend's number. "Jason? Are you alright?" "No man." I say shakily, tears in my eyes. "You have a job to do. I need you to look after my girlfriend while Parker is laid up. She needs you more than I do!" "What's going on with you? Where are you?" "It doesn't matter... Just.... Keep her safe no matter what." I hang up before he can say anything else. "Ok sir, let's do this."

Miranda's pov

I can't believe he'd betray me like that! Luke suddenly appears in front of me. "There you are!" He gasps, annoyed. "Something is wrong with Jason." I nod, glaring at him. "Yeah. He's a traitor." I growl, enraged. Stop. My eyes go wide. What if... I'm only mad.... Because whoever is messing with Jason is getting in my head too! I grab Luke's hand and race back home. "Are you ready for this?" I hear dad say. "Whatever it takes!" Jason says back. I look in the room fearfully. "This is against all known laws and rules of the wizarding world." Dad says worried. I see my boyfriend smile with sad eyes. "I'm all about bendin' the rules and breakin' the law. Why should this be any different." He then gets serious, staring at my father with fear in his eyes. "Chris.... If... If I don't make it back.... Tell her I love her..... More than anything... And I never meant to hurt her. I never wanted to hurt her. She's the only thing that matters to me in this world." Tears fill my eyes. I was about to run in but Luke grabbed my shoulder. I can't let him go alone to whatever this is. Plus he needs to know that I forgive him! I use a simple levitation spell and take off running as dad casts the spell. I hug him tightly and he gasps in horrified shock. "B-Baby! You... You can't be here!" He cries, grabbing my shoulders. "I'm sorry Jason! I forgive you! I'm not mad!" He looks panicked. "I love you, Jason." I say, kissing him gently, his arms wrapping around my waist and picking me up slightly. "I love you too. But... You can't be here!" He gasps, throwing me to my father. We lock eyes then he waves slightly, a sad smile on his face. A tear rolls down my cheek then he vanishes.