Chapter 26~ No Man's Land

Miranda's pov

"He's not bad, give him back!" Nothing. "The man I love is gone I fear, bring him back and not disappear." Nothing. "Oh what do I do?! He saved me. I've got to save him." Dad flips through a spellbook. "I'm trying, sweetie, calm down." "How can I? My husband, the father of my baby is gone!" I freeze. Oh crud. He stares at me shocked. "You're-" "Yes, daddy. I'm pregnant and Jason doesn't even know. I never got to tell him." "I've got it!" He gasps. "Ok what do I do?" I ask, readying my wand. "Say the father of my baby is in another world, give him back so I'm not alone." I say the spell and instantly Jason was in the room again, looking terrified. "Jason?" He's frozen with fear. I grab his shoulders. He screams and bumps into the wall, sliding to the ground. "I... Saw... Things. You could never imagine." He whispers. "I wouldn't wish that on even my worst enemy." "Are you alright? What happened?" "I... I don't even know." I sit beside him, worried out of my mind. "Are you gonna be okay?" He shakily pulls his wand out, his fist tightening around it. "I'm gonna kill Parker." I grab his arm. "No you can't!" "Why not?!" "Because you can't!" "You don't understand."

Jason's pov

"Jason, I'm pregnant." "What?!" "I'm pregnant!" I stare at her shocked. "You're kidding me!" She shakes her head. "Jason what.... Um what did you see? Where did you go?" The terror instantly returns. "Nothing existed. It was... Just darkness.... And there were things... In the darkness. Horrible things." I look up from my shoes. She was now standing in front of me. "You're really pregnant? We're gonna be parents?" She nods. "I was gonna tell you when every-" "Let's not talk about that. Ever. Again." "Ok. But are you glad?" "Y-Yeah. I g-guess so." "You don't sound glad." "If you saw what I saw, you'd be pretty fuckin' out of it too." "I'm sorry. Don't get mad. I was just worried." "Worried about what?" "You of course! You vanished and came back.... Different." "Can we just drop it?!" I snap annoyed now. She sits beside me again and lays her head on my shoulder. "I love you, Jason." "I love you too." I whisper with an exhausted sigh.