10 freaking pm. That's literally the god damn night. And considering CBeebies put me to bed at 6pm, this seemed like a total outrage to me.

Just when I was done with another chapter, my phone - which was on silent and at the bottom of my bag to keep me from distractions, mind you - starting buzzing. The only reason I had the vibrations on was for calls, so I fished out my phone after a long attempt of stretching over books awkwardly. I was hoping no one in the library was paying attention to me, since that would be fairly awkward.

"Alexis, God, have you eaten? Do you even know what time it is!" Jayden's worried voice was on the other end, and it made me do a double take. It wasn't 9:30 pm. No, no it wasn't. It was freaking 11:43. It was almost midnight. Oh for the love of God, this had taken me ages.

I looked at my lap and bit my lip in concentration. I was going to need to come to the library for more than four hours a week with the snails pace I was learning at. You see, I was great with concepts. Physics. Biology. I was great with formulas. Maths. Chemistry. I was even a little decent at languages.

But history, English, geography and basically humanities in general? Wow, it would be appealing to even admit or come to terms with how much I sucked at them. And Art? That was the worst of all, I could barely draw a straight line to save my life, let alone make some art masterpiece. I shouldn't even be allowed in the same room as paints and brushes, seriously. I'd just waste them with my rubbish expertise (which was basically nonexistent)

"Oh my God, it's so late." I whispered into the call softly, absolutely baffled at how so much time and passed and I'd not only not realised, but also not completed all the work I wanted to get done today. I still had a whole chapter more.

Ugh, my eyes. And my brain.

I wasn't feeling any hunger before Jayden had asked me. But as soon as I was reminded that food was a thing, I literally felt I had been avoiding any food for the last two days. I was famished.

"No, I haven't eaten. I didn't even realise." I finished, as I took a look at my surroundings. There was almost no one here. No one. Was I locked in over the night? What the heck was going on? Didn't people like tell you to get out by 10pm? That's what happened in the UK anyways.

"Alexis you idiot. I thought you were at your dads place or something. I messaged you a billion times too, why didn't you reply?" He asked, mostly concern lacing his voice. But there was a little annoyance in his tone. Oops.

"Sorry, my phone was in my bag. I went over to my dads house like I said earlier, but I left at like quarter to seven to get to the library. Damn, Jay, you're right, I'm actually hungry." I said as if were some surprise to myself. Of course I was hungry, the last tome I had anything going down my oesophagus was at half four when I had a berry milkshake.

It tasted good, I'll give my dad that.

"So are you gonna head back to your house or come back here?" He asked me over the phone softly. I bit my lip, considering my options.

I could go back to my dads house, but the thing was, it was also Nick's house, and I don't know it was just a little weird that one of my friends' was my step-brother. And it was also just the fact that I didn't know how to act around my dad, actually the whole house. I don't even think I'd feel comfortable going back, considering I'd left earlier than I usually would have had I been at Uncle Leo's.

This library trip was more of an excuse to get out of that house and that environment, but turned into a sudden realisation about how much work was currently stockpiling, even as Coach (who'd come back, yay!) lightened a lot of our practise - since the leagues were gone.

➵ His Soccer Princess | ✔︎On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara