Chapter 24

"Forget the past and focus on the present."
Should've taken that advice.
~ Alexis xoxo

Quickly recollecting myself when nearing the house, I began breathing in and out slowly, trying to regulate my breathing

Quickly recollecting myself when nearing the house, I began breathing in and out slowly, trying to regulate my breathing. Now, it only looked like I had ran a marathon and not having run away from a guy that scarily looks like a replica of my torturer. But it was understandable, as I had just come back from practise.

Knocking on the door, I looked to my feet and watching them shuffle on the porch as I waited it to be opened. A strong smell of lasagna hit my nose and I felt like melting right then and there. I swear it smelt that good. "Alexis! How was practise?" Cody asked me and I gave him a dry look, to which he chuckled.

I pushed him out the way and laughed too, taking off my considerably dirty football boots. My feet instantly felt better and I let a small sigh escape my lips. Sometimes, I wondered what was better, wearing football shoes or flip flops. In the end, football shoes would win, because I cannot play in flip flops to save my life. But I have turned up at a practise wearing flip flops. I went home with a broken toe pinky.

I had decided, as running home, that I needed to find out what was going on and why I kept seeing Ron appear everywhere. I was sure my eyes were not playing tricks or that my brain was in a state of paranoia. But no, I'm not the new Sherlock Holmes, I haven't even read all the books, and no your not reading a detective novel; I just think somethings just aren't right.

The only problem was Jordan. Not Cody, because no one would breathe a whisper to him regarding the matter. But Jordan? The kid is too smart for his own good. And no, he still sucks at Physics- but so do a lot of teens these days. He is quick and vigilant- picking up on all the points. I guess traumatic pasts help find people- and mask their insecurities like ripping a page out of a book.

"Your face looks like a tomato," Cody noticed, pulling me out of my thoughts and I nodded, sighing in exhaustion. "It was a good workout." I quipped and I felt a grin tug at my lips in remembrance from my sensational goal.

"You scored a goal, didn't you?" He smirked and I shrugged and then nodded, a smirk creeping on my face also as he held his fist out for a spud, and I first bumped him in return.

"What did you expect from your big sister?" I ruffled his hair as he pouted, fixing it as I rolled my eyes. "Anyways," He began, his eyes trying to look up at his hair, "Uncle's callin' us to his 'study'. I think that means his office."

"No shit." I grinned at him as I took for the stairs, trying to locate it. I heard the third of Cody's heavy feet too, as we both ran around the house like toddlers.

Okay fine, we're immature, your point is?

After about 10 minutes of looking in random rooms, Cody shouted across the hall telling me that he found the room and heard a chuckle resonate throughout the hall.