Chapter 42

"Everest, it's only a mountain. Pyramid, it's just a shape. Doesn't have to hold you back, doesn't have to pin you down."
~ Shawn Mendes // believe

Lunch time, probably the most dope time of high school

Lunch time, probably the most dope time of high school. No lessons and it's just chill. Honestly, I think if lunch wasn't made- all the students would rebel like the suffragettes in England did.

I was waiting on our table for Alex. Okay fine, and Austin. But I just saw Austin like a minute ago. He forgot his lunch again and wanted to get a ham sandwich. The guy is obsessed with that stuff, and he's insane, I'm telling you.

I was literally on cloud nine.

I knew she liked me as much as I did her. It was a good start. But I could tell in her eyes that she was scared. She had never done this before. But how? She was such an angel, an angel living in hell, walking through fire, yet no one had asked her out?

Still, I was scared of making the first move. The last time I made the first move... it didn't end the way I'd hoped. And I would take it all back if I could. But I couldn't. Because of those... events, I was unable to fathom the courage to ask the girl I was in love with out. I sound like such a sissy. And a fucking pussy for Christ's sake.

Over the weeks of her arrival, I hated her, then warmed up to her, and now I liked her. I swear to God I needed to keep my emotions in check; otherwise soon they'd be unable to control. But all the best stories come with the lovers hating each other, right? The ones where they wanted to choke the other one. Which we probably would still do... I mean for the love of God, Chelsea is better than Manchester United!

I saw Alexis and Austin talking, making their way slowly here. 'Just hurry up!' Is what I wanted to scream then and there, but a) that would bring way too much attention and b) she
was gonna give me a smack from there. Yup.

Anyways, you see, another reason besides she's hot-she's freaking smart. And good at taking shots. Omg. She's a Smart-Hot-Shot. I deserve a reward for that. I'm a genius and hella smart.

Just as Alex was about to take her seat, we heard the utmost dreaded voice. Her voice was actually so irritating, it's sad. It sounded like a high pitch squirrel, mind you; "I have an announcement to make, Bev High. And it's about your ace player, Soccer Team; Alexis Cassidy Baxter."

My eyes widened by a millimetre. Again? Seriously? She was trying to play a game she would never win. And what's more, she knew it. So why was she not swallowing her pride and accepting why thins were the way they were?

"Let's just get this over with," I heard Alex mutter. Mason threw a chip at my face and I returned the favour - by glaring at him.

"Watch it man." I told him off and he laughed. "Yo, what's she gon' say this time?" He askEd her, winking at her and Alexis laughs. "That you're a total ass."