Chapter 45

"God gives blessings every day. We've just gotta open our eyes to see what's in front of us."

The guy that was sat in front of me was nothing less than an angel

The guy that was sat in front of me was nothing less than an angel. I was happy that my heart wanted him. I was happy I was in love with a good person. With someone like him. Because he was fucking ineffable.

But when he said those words to me, I fucking knew, looking into his eyes, that he meant each and every word- and that he wasn't going to stop.

Honestly, having someone there, as your rock, and knowing that they were there, it probably was the most enlightening thing to feel. Because before he came, I felt like I was being compressed into a little me and I had to force the memories to get out and leave.

Honestly, it was like I had just spring cleaned my mind, and when that happened, I was breathing fresh air again, and not fucking pain. But now, it felt like I hadn't really thrown them in the trash, rather I'd locked them in my attic. And that's what happened when you ran I guess.

The memories were fucking painful, I'll tell you that, but one look at the guy in front of me and I forgot about them all. His eyes had so much sincerity- you'd think only an angel could have that. He was going to be my saviour and I knew it.

I stood up abruptly, then grabbed his hand and helped him up too. "Don't you have lesson?" I asked him, wiping my face with the palms of my hands.

"Nope. Free period. But after that I have History with Mr. Malfoy." He said and I nodded. I'm surprised that he had a free period now. If only he had it at the last lesson for the day.

"Ah. I have PE now." I smiled and he smirked. "No, I won't make them look like idiots. I make no promises in regards to Alyssa, though." The mention of her name was bitter on the end of my tongue and I didn't like it, but hatred could not get rid of hatred - just like darkness could not drown out darkness.

And it wasn't all her fault I guess. I'd worked a lot of what was going on. This was the theory; Aron or Callum had somehow acquainted themselves with Alyssa. Then they decided to use her as a pawn in their game. I didn't know if Callum was kidding, but I'd rather not take the risk yet. The fall was a bit too high, if wait until it would have less of an impact on me.

However, I felt that Alyssa was actually getting controlled to do this. Because I caught something in her eyes today. It was sadness. It was pain. And I'll tell you why. Because she didn't like what she was doing.

"But then I have free period after that." I smiled and he nodded.
"Oh yeah, wanna come 'round to Nick's house today at around... 6?" He asked me and shook my head.
"I promised Cody that we'd watch this movie he wanted to watch. Sorry."

"It's fine. It's not like its team bonding. We're just getting together -" I cut him off,
" because you guys are practically brothers."

He nodded. I smiled as I grabbed the ball and stared to walk and put it away where I got it from. "It's nice you know? To like see you all act as if your brothers. Not much am Carson with Austin and Ethan, but you do act like brothers." I smiled.