Chapter 19

I survived because the fire in me
Burned brighter than the
Fire surrounding me

 I survived because the fire in me Burned brighter than the Fire surrounding me ✨

"Dude, you need to get laid. How long was it since you last had some fun? 2 weeks?" Chase asks me and I roll my eyes.

This all started this morning when he said that Alyssa tried on him. I bursted our laughing. Chase can be considered a bad boy, too, but he's not a player.

He won't use a girl for his own needs.

And who knows, maybe if that bitch hadn't come into my life, maybe I wouldn't be either. But to hell with Rose.

But, truth be told, I am starting to realise I'm wrong. I shouldn't use girls. But they also shouldn't allow me to take advantage of them.

This, well, addiction, isn't just going to go away like that. I'm trying now. But that doesn't mean I won't still have those intense make out sessions ;)

"3 actually; and I told you I'm done with that shit. Or at least I'm trying to be done with that shit." I say to him and he nods.

"Good to know your realising your shit." He comments and smirks to which I respond with a shrug and a subtle eye roll.

"I guess it was because I was blinded by my anger for the, well, whore. Some people are actually nice. Unlike her." I begin concentrating on pouring my orange juice in the glass. It's very interesting.

"Like Alexis?" I swear I heard him say it. I send him a confused look and he reflects my look. I don't know if he said that or not, maybe it was my mind playing games on me, but he could've.

I shook all the thoughts out, and drained the whole glass of orange juice. With bits. Yup orange juice with bits. I wiped my mouth and nodded.

"Anyways, you up for another round?" My head cocked to the side, referring to running around the block. He shrugs and gets off of the stool, walking to the door to put on his running shoes.

"Cool. Let's go." He agrees and I nod, refilling the bottle with water.

•*•*•

Panting, I slow down and then bend over, placing my hands on my knees. Why am I running extra circuits of the block? Well, Chase decided to place a bet.

I don't know if he's going to win or not, but clearly he has a chance. It does not help that he used to be on the cross-country team.

Ugh, damn you Chase!

I begin running again, looking back to see if Chase is behind me. He's a whole circuit ahead of me. I'm such a fool for accepting this.

My damn ego got in the way. I really am a cocky bastard. Oh well.

What ceases to amaze me is that he's started winning bets against me. It's hilarious. Like what?

In the split second I begin turning my head, I land on a cold, hard surface, with someone on top of me. Well I think it's a person.