Chapter 10

Challenges are for winners, excuses are for losers.

(Colourful Language Used)

Plugging out my headphones from my ears, I look up at the huge building in front of me. Definitely huge, and without a doubt a place I'm going to hate coming too. That's what sacrifices are for, though. "Damn... I'm probably gonna get lost here..." I mumble inaudibly to myself.

My way to school was pretty calm actually.I started of with light jogging, and then proceeded to running, and then returned back to jogging. It took me maximum 5 minutes, I'd say. The school is about 15 minutes away from the house, by car.

I hear a car honk and look away from the school that is currently flooding with students, only to be met with Uncle Leo's Q7. See jerk, I did remember the car type...

I walked on over towards Uncle, the car now empty and with Alyssa out of sight. "How'd you get here so fast?" Is the first thing he asks me and I throw back my head and laugh. "I basically half ran, half jogged here." I say, ginning at him.

"You, my friend, are incredibly fast," He says and I just shake it off with a nod and a shrug. I never really took compliments well...

"Anyways, where's Codes?" I ask him and he points towards the school, near the gates. "Right, thanks Uncle!" I holler as I walk away from him and I hear him shout, "No problem! And sign up for the school's soccer team!" And I smile widely. Side note: I'm gonna have trouble calling it soccer....

I walk up to Cody and smile. "Ready, brother?" I ask him and he does something between a nod, a shake, and a shrug. "What the hell was that?" I ask and he laughs, "I have no idea."

We walk in, as i ruffle his hair and we both laugh. "You're so goofy, ya know that?" I smile as i shake my head. "Oh and you're handful too." I add and he shrugs. All of a sudden, Cody goes quiet as I look up, to be greeted by a whole gang of open mouthed teenagers...

Yeah, did I forget to mention Cody doesn't do too well under a huge amount of staring eyes...? Not in sports, but under things in general...

"They're all looking, Alex." He mumbles, almost inaudibly, to me and I look around again.

"What you all staring at? My face?" I ask loudly, this time catching the attention of other people who were just swiftly getting along with their lives. Right. Bad move. What now?

Then, I see something that was obviously bound to be true... Alyssa being a main bitch, sitting in the middle of a cheerleading squad... How more cliche can this possibly get? This is nothing but something you would get from a freakin' movie!

"Oh for fucks sake, mind your own business will ya?" I say at them, my voice raising in volume. "Sheesh, what is wrong with these people?" I ask lowly, but I'm pretty sure half the schools population heard because of how silent it is...

Just then, as I'm about to repeat myself, I hear stilettos hitting the ground. I groan, realising who this could be. "Hello, newbies." I hear her voice, which mind you sounds sluttier than it did back home, and turn towards her. I'm glad I'm pretending to not know her...

"Hello? Ciao? Bonjour?" I say to her, and she gaps. Hehehe, just a tiny reminder that I am everything she's not. "Do not do this right now, or I swear." She says into my ear and I smirk. "I'm not gonna bow down to you if that's what you think." I whisper back and she rolls her eyes.

She moves away from me, and asks, "What's your name?" she asks, acting as if she doesn't know me, which I'm fine with. "I'd honestly tell you, but the thing is I don't like being labelled." I say to her and she gapes. Multiple gasps can also be heard from the crowd. Yeah, I just accidentally-on-purpose dissed your queen people, live on with life. I never really liked her anyways. What am I kidding, I always hated her and her little caked face with makeup.

"Stop making a scene, Alex" Cody growls, his gaze fixated at the ground still. I growl as well, wanting to fight back, and comply, not willingly, but because I understand that Cody feels really small and needs to get outta here. The sooner, the better."Now please, do tell me where the office is," and she smirks.

"Chase." she calls out, and the guy we met on Saturday come out, only with a black Nike backpack. I shrug, knowing what she's doing. She gives me that look, telling me to tell him that we being related should not leak.

I comply, again, through my eyes and she nods at me, like I'm some sergeant in the military. I roll my eyes and when Chase comes into view and smirks at me. "Take them to the office." And she struts away on her bright red stilettos like a leopard, making me roll my eyes.

"Office?" I ask him and he nods, and I drag my brother with me to the office desks.

We get to the desks and then I turn to Chase, before he leaves. "I, nor Cody, are related to queen Bitch, understood?" I say and he looks at me quizzically. "Are you or are you not?" He asks me and I mentally face palm. I am really not in the mood for this right now, if I'm honest.

"Yes, we are, however, we're pretending not to be because neither of us want to be related, here out of all places." I say and he nods. "Should've guessed. Well then, catch you round' I guess." He says and leaves, as I wait with Cody to get my schedule.

I receive my timetable and compare it to his. "Ugh, how can we not have any of the same classes?" he says and I groan. "My life has turned into cliche-ness ever since we moved here." I say and he replies "Agreed. Anyways, lets head to lessons. Don't wanna be late." Cody ruffles my hair and I roll me eyes.

"You totally stole my thing." I say and then turn the opposite way. He has Maths first period, and well, I just happen to have English. How delightful.

Time to take a trip to torture chambers. Also, for the record, I suck at English...