Chapter 32

"she felt she wasn't living until the ball was at her feet."

"I need to go the mall?" I was calling Chase to drop me off to the mall because I wasn't bothered to walk there

"I need to go the mall?" I was calling Chase to drop me off to the mall because I wasn't bothered to walk there. Oh, and I didn't want to go alone.

This usually wouldn't be an issue to say, because normally I would just ask Cody and he'd come with. That's because he knows I detest malls more than him. And shopping. But, of course - when I need I'm most - he is unavailable.

"Sorry Alexis, I'm at my aunts house. She'd kill me because she's officially moving here and I'm helping her move in. Sorry. Have you asked the others?" He asked me and I sighed.

"Yeah. Austin and Ethan are babysitting a bunch of their siblings because their mums have gone to get a few things from the store and won't be back for a long time. Carson is having dinner at his uncle's, Mason is... busy..." I cleared my throat.

I did not want to know what was happening with him. Why did he pick up, you ask? Because he thought I died. Well, good to know that he thinks I can't fend for myself.

"Erm... I asked Nick but something about Step-dad bonding time... Ian, Graham and Sammy are bowling. I don't want to even try and ask Joey. Cody and Ava are on a date... I feel so lonelyyyy." I fake cried, on my bed on my- lying on my stomach.

"What about Jayden?" My confidence just made a 180 and I felt apprehensive and nervous. I think my breathe or my silence deceived me because Chase must've pieced it together.

"You like him, don't you!" He screamed and the I heard someone scolding him in the background. Wow. "Ouch! Aunt Sierra what the hell?!"

I heard the phone shuffle and then a feminine voice shouted. "Hey! Are you Chase's girlfriend?"

I laughed and replied. "No. He's my team mate. And a really good friend."

I could hear the smile in his aunts voice as she spoke to me. "Thank God! I thought you cheated on Chase! Anyways, Chase's parents have gone to Phoenix in Arizona for a business trip. Now, what's this I hear about you liking someone?"

I chuckled nervously, the phone speaker as I played with the hem of my shirt- now laying on my back. I had a tendency to move around a lot when talking to someone, especially over the phone.

"Thanks aunty." Chase drawled. "Now Alexis, if I know you, it's that you let nothing get in your way."

"That's true."

"Exactly. So just man - woman sorry that was insensitive- the hell up and ask him. And I bet a dollar that by the end of the Soccer league that you two will be together. Now I gotta go and help my aunt move in. Ask him!" And with that, Chase ended the call.

So I decided to try my luck.

I dialled Jayden's number and after three annoyingly anxious beeps, he picked up. My breathe hitched and I almost found myself lost for words, but saved myself. "Hey Jay."