12

" what you give power to has power over you,
only if you allow it "

"I'm picking you up at six, okay?" Jayden assured through the phone as I lay on the cold floor of my apartment

"I'm picking you up at six, okay?" Jayden assured through the phone as I lay on the cold floor of my apartment. The windows were open, the wind softly blowing into the living room. My balcony doors had been thrown open, because I had sat there for what seemed like forever after I had come back to school.

I was just busy enjoying myself, blasting 5SOS music as loudly as I possible could.

"Alright. So that means I got two hours." I shouted from the other end of my bedroom, because my phone was on the bed and I was in the closet, looking for something to wear.

Well, something decent enough.

I wondered if I'd be able to get to the mall and make it back in time.

"Yeah, ample time if you ask me." I could literally see Jayden smirking as if he knows I'm not going to make it. Let's see about that, Jayden Bryce.
"I'll be fine, don't you worry. If I were you, I'd worry about yourself. Also, you gotta pick up Danny in five."

"Oh shit, I completely forgot. I'll talk to you later, princess. Bye!" He ended the call and I laughed - only Jayden was this forgetful whenever he was on the phone.

I liked talking on the phone, it was like so much time could pass and you wouldn't even realise. You forget a lot of your worries - but all this was dependant on who was on the other end of the call. Sometimes it was a nightmare.

I walked out of my closet a few quick minutes later and check my phone. I think I'd just about make it. Ideally, I'd like to take Jayden out with me and see what he would like me to wear; but that was kind of out of the question at the minute.

He didn't need to know I didn't have a single cloth to wear to this date. So I did what any sane human being would do, I called up another friend. "Hey, Aly, would you mind coming with me to the mall and quickly buy something to wear?"

"What's the rush, Lexi?" I heard some shuffling on the other side and then the phone was put down. "But sure, I'll go get my keys."

"I have a date with Jayden in two hours. Like a date date."

"Oh my God, Alexis, what the hell! You are supposed to be getting right now!" Alyssa taunted me and I heard the door shut. "I'm gonna be at the apartment complex in five minutes, be ready. We don't have a single minute to waste. Bye."

I ended the call and quickly throw my hair in a ponytail. I look at my current attire; a large hoodie which doesn't even belong to me and shorts which you could not see. I decided to change the shorts for some jeans, and then quickly put on my Nikes.

I was sure I looked like a lunatic. I locked the apartment and held the keys in my teeth, half running and half tying my laces. When my laces had been tied, I only had a flight of stairs left, which I quickly hopped off. That was when exactly Alyssa honked her car's horn, in front of me. I jumped in and she sped to the mall.