Chapter 40

You know you're doing it right when you don't give up.

Sighing, I took a look at everything I'd made for today

Sighing, I took a look at everything I'd made for today. I count New Year's Eve more important than New Year's Day. Hence the effort.

I had made chicken ribs and legs with a South Asian recipe Ava sent me. She said her mum makes it and it's amazing, so why not? But where she found it, I will never know. To go with that, I'd made this American thingy I found online : cobb salad. I hope it tastes as good as the fucking website claims. It first ranged

Next, I'd gotten baby potatoes and seasoned them, stuck them in the oven and voila. I don't know what these were called, but I remember Stephanie making them for me at the Diner.

Then, I wanted to make fish. But knowing Jayden and everyone, they'd probably first slap me upturn the head because of how much I eat it. I would've then made fish fingers. But I just ordered sushi.

And for desert, definitely chocolate mousse. It doesn't get any better than that. Seriously. And for the record, chocolate mousse is better than chocolate cake. It wins by miles.

I placed everything in the fridge and looked at the time. 4PM. Shit, where were half the boys? They went to get some things I don't even know.

As if right on cue, a knock was heard on the door. I walked over to it and lo and behold, stood the acclaimed Callum Grey.

"What do you want?" I asked him, fisting my hands so hard that my knuckles were turning right. I couldn't bear to be in his company. Hell, I couldn't stand being within a mile radius near him.

I couldn't stand his face. He and his brother have caused me too much pain already, and I didn't want to know what was next. How much more pain were they willing to give?

"Aaron wants." He corrected. This was the first time hearing his voice. His voice was... well can't pin point it exactly but in between dangerous and mischief. And that was normally - actually most of the time - not a good mix.

"What does that bitch want?" I asked and he crossed his arms over his chest. I followed suite, leaning on one side of the door frame.

"I don't know. But hear me out loud and clear, Cassidy. Today and Christmas are the only days I ain't being tracked down by him. Probably because he's too busy getting drunk. But, I do know this. He is out for blood." My voice was somewhere lodged in my heart. I didn't know how to respond.

Can I just ram my head into the wall now? Seriously. I don't get what I could've possible done to him and his weak ass heart. What could I have possibly done to have infuriated Aaron? And even if I did do something for him to hate me in extreme lengths, I don't care. He's the one who was the problem with it, not me as far as I can remember.

"Firstly, who told you about my middle name? That rag? Secondly, tell him to go fuck himself. And lastly, why are you doing... this?" I asked him as he stuffed his hands in his pocket.