Chapter 23

Shit happens. And people change because of it.

I walked into the house

I walked into the house... through the main door. Wow. This sounds so absurd to many who use the front door, doesn't it? But geez, there's no surprise pounce on me, no alcoholic dad stumbling out of the living room I never go in...

Well that's a starter. For the past week or so, I've been walking in through the door. Not the back door, or up the ladder, but through the main door. I don't know what that father of mine is cooking up by making me open up to him, but I'm going to use this to my aid. I'm gonna take advantage before I have to start using the ladder again.

Greg the ladder. Shut up, I didn't name it. Danny did. And my dad spray painted it. So I have no connection and association with the name.

But, after years of torment, what makes him think I'm going to forgive him? Forgiveness doesn't come like that. You have to work for it. Although I could kinda get used to this feeling of walking in without a care.

Chase told me to meet him at the park in a few minutes. I'm telling ya, he has something planned. He always has something planned. But I have no idea what it is.

You know, brunette chick that decided that it would be cool to go against the schools stereotypes and play for the team...? Yeah her. I've been seeing her a lot lately, walking around and what not. And to say she isn't hot would be a lie, if I'm being totally honest.

I honestly think she lives around here but the only logical place would be Alyssa's mansion of a house... and that's obviously a no zone because firstly, they hate each other with heart, and secondly, she just moved in so maybe some sort of apartment maybe?

But she has this... this aura that reminds me of... I don't know actually. I know that there's something behind this "fake" mask she has on, like why she moved or what not...

She kinda reminds me of... myself. I don't know why though. And I want to know. She's so mysterious and I am seriously finding it hard to back off. She hasn't even been here for a month and here I am, prying into her business. Please do note that I have never been one to like mysterious stuff.

But can we talk about that killer goal she scored at practise today? Like, I don't think anyone on the team, excluding myself, has seen a goal like that. She executed that goal flawlessly with so much precision.

I run up the creaky stairs to Daniel's room. I also do think my house is the definition of creepy. Because... well it's been needing some repairs but unfortunately, I have a drug addict and alcoholic for a father so I don't see them ever coming around.

Not that any one knows of it, but I have been saving up for an apartment- for me and Danny to move into. This just isn't a home anymore, more like a haunted house.

Home is where the heart is. But my heart isn't here anymore. It's... it's lost, if I'm being fucking honest. I think I lost it along the way somewhere, and - I need a new start and that includes moving away from toxicity.