Chapter 41

"family isn't weakness. It's strength."

As I walked into the hall, as I held my lunch, I spotted the usual table

The usual table consisted of everyone on the football team, and Ava and Cody- or as I called them, the lovebirds. What, they're in a relationship now, I can call them that. Yeah, I'm surprised she chose a douche like my brother. I'm kidding. I will kill Cody if he does anything to her though. Besides, Ava's going to be my sister in law, so it's all good.

I'm already planning the future oh God, kill me now. But I'm not wearing a dress to the wedding. Oh no.

Anyways, the holidays were bomb. Jayden has technically moved in with me, and I don't know where we are in our relationship. I just hope I woman up and ask him out before he does. The humiliation I'd face if he asked me out would be unbearable. Good thing it spilt happen then.

"Hey Alexis!" I heard Austin's voice, as he clamped his hand on my shoulder. "It's a nice day today, don't ya think?"

I nodded and then paused, laughing, "wait, that's because you were able to get the ham sandwich from the lunch line, right?" He forgets his lunch too much. And the Ham sandwiches are the only ones he can bear, apparently. Sometimes I feel like he purposely forgets his lunch.

He turned a tinge bit pink and I pinched his cheeks. "Awwww, your not as manly as you say you are, are you?" We kept exchanging cusses at each other, until I heard someone's voice from behind.

A voice I sincerely dreaded.

"I have an announcement to make, Bev High. And it's about your ace player, Soccer Team; Alexis Cassidy Baxter." Of course. Kinda expected.

I swerved my head around so I could glower at her. What kind of story does she have cooked up this time? Will this even end? Wait did I hear that right.... she knew my full name? Girl's got some of her facts right, at least.

But Cassidy? I cringed. It's not that I didn't like my surname, it was just... My mum was the only one who called me that.

Anyways, all things aside, Alyssa was trying to play a battle of wits, against me. Seriously, she's pushing it and if she's not careful, I'll give her another bruise on that makeup caked face like I did on the day of my first practice.

"Let's get this over with." I muttered and sat down at the table. She just killed the mood and vibe. It was a good day. I had physics and Maths. Easy subjects.

"Yo, what's she gon' say this time?" Mason asked me, winking and I laughed at the comment.
"That you're a fucking ass."

After being here for even some time, my British accent was still intact, and you could hear it as I annunciated each word. America can't change me. Nuh uh honey, not on my watch.