Marie meets a friend

Marie was once again sitting in the attic above the maids quarters, pondering about the absence of any events regarding the case.

In the many mystery novels she had read, every time it was quiet and peaceful, right after came something big. It was a bit worrying.

-It's a shame that the princesses won't be able to attend this years star festival.-One of the maids mentioned in passing.

Marie, overhearing this, remembered reading about the star festival in the news paper back at the manor. She had always wanted to go. Living at the Palace now would seem like an advantage, but all the princesses are on house arrest.

It had always bummed Marie out that she couldn't go to the festival, so getting reminded of it started to get her down.

It was also getting quite boring at the castle. Marie otter played with the 1st princess or talked with Melanie, or even read books at the library. It was all fun, but a festival would be a great way to spend time.

But it's clear why the princesses are not allowed at the festival. It's full of people. It would be easy for someone bad to sneak into the crowd, and plant an attack.

Marie climbed down from the attic and took a walk around the palace. The Second Palace, although not as large as the Main Palace, was very big. If you don't know your way around, you could easily get lost.

Marie was still quite unfamiliar with the Palace, since she only arrived about a month ago. Yet she still knew the way to the garden, because it's a place she visits often.

Marie was lost in though, as the fresh air gave her a boost and she could think about what they were planning next, when suddenly she bumped into someone.

It took her a while to realise what she had done, and then quickly apologised. Marie looked up at the person she bumped into. He was a guy with hair just like little Clair. If he was shorter and had longer hair, she would've mistakes him for Clair.

-U..um-Marie was speechless. The person looked down at Marie with a curious look, and said,-You're one of my half-sisters, aren't you?-

It took a while, but Marie finally go it. He must be a prince! -Nice to meet you, I am Marie.-She introduces herself.

-Xavier.-Said he. Xaviers face smirked a bit. The reason for that smirk was because in a conversation between him and Melanie, she mentioned that Marie, her new fiend, had been taking in the library for a few days. And to Xavier, that was very interesting.

-Say, Marie, have you met my friend?-He asked Marie with a sinful smile. Of course,Marie did not know what he was talking about, and responded with,-No, who do you mean?-

Right after, Austin ran out the Main Palace gates that lead to the garden. He was looking for Xavier and finally found him. He was about the take him by the collar, but he noticed Marie by his side and immediately backed off. Xavier found this utterly hilarious.

-Oh, hello Austin.-Marie smiled. Austin was trying to stay calm, while Xavier was trying to hold his laughter until they leave.

They shared a small conversation between one another, and Marie found out that Xavier is the the crown prince and Austin is the mentioned friend.

After they left, Xavier let out his laughs. In which Austin repaid by kicking him in the stomach. Marie walked away quite happy, knowing another of her half-siblings was nice to her.