Self study

Marie was very ambitious. If she has set out to do something, she will try anything to achieve that. Yet, one problem still stands, learning and studying is not her strong suit.

Ever since she was little, she had a hard time studying. But Joanne was always there to teach her. But now, she has to learn by herself, and that's going to be a task proven very difficult.

But giving up was not an option. In order to catch the person behind the kidnapping and attack in the 1st princess, Marie needed to learn how to.

It was also her goal, to not interfere with the job of the knights, as they are also doing their part in solving this case.

But........Marie did not know where to start. How does one learn to solve mysteries. Of course, mystery solving can be learnt from experience, bu what mysteries would Marie even solve?

Marie started to look around the library, for anything, anything, that could help her at least a bit, but to no avail. She had been looking around for a half an hour, but nothing.

Marie continued looking, and after a long time of looking, something caught her eye. It was in the far back, the bookshelf seemed untouched for a long time.

It was the 'mystery' branch in the novel section. Marie knee very well novels were not the most accurate source of information and facts, but there was nothing else. And if you can't get experience in real life, you can get experience from reading these mysteries.

Marie grabbed a handful of books and sat down in the far end of the library at a table next to the windows. It was a nice quiet place, and not many come there, so it was a nice spot to enjoy reading.

Marie has started to read the books in the morning. She spent many hours reading, and it was now past sunset, and Marie could not take her eyes off of, out of all of them, her favourite mystery series book.

While Marie was focused reading, a voice behind her asked,-You're still here?-

Marie turned around, and behind her stood Austin, holding a book in his hand.-You know you're supposed to be in your bedroom, right?-He added.

-Of course I know, but I won't be able to read in my bedroom, so I guess I'll stay at the library. -Marie answered, pouting. Austin chucked and sat down across from Marie.

-Why're you here?-She asked, taking her eyes off the book. Austin put the book he was holding on the table and sat down. The title of the book was "Finances and budget." All Marie could think was: How could someone read something that boring?

-I can tell from your expression, that you're thinking : How could someone read something so boring? Right?-Marie's jaw dropped, it was like he had read her mind!

-I also find it boring, but an heir to a ducal house has to know about this stuff.-Austin sighed. He noticed Marie's pile of mystery novel books, and almost burst out laughing, but contained himself.

-Hey! Don't laugh!-Marie said, embarrassed. Actually, right now, Marie was reading for fun more than studying, because those books were actually pretty interesting and good.

Austin looked at the book Marie was holding in her hand-Oh, I've read that, I was really surprised by the ending, though. I couldn't believe-

Marie stood up and covered his mouth,-Don't spoil it, I haven't read till the end yet!-When Marie went back to reading, Austin was frozen. Not once in his life, had someone cover his kith and shushed him. It was funny to him.

And so, Marie and Austin continued reading, until it was already midnight, and Marie was already getting tired, her head wobbling and her eyes struggling to keep open. But, she continued to read. Just a few more pages....