An emergency situation

As stated by the Imperial law, every child of noble class has to receive a proper education. Marie, however, was a child that did not receive this mandatory education, as she was almost unknown to her own father.

Marie's life was almost equivalent to a normal, middle-class life. Due to her still being royalty, Marie was assigned to live in a manor. She received a small allowance from the royal palace every month, on which she used all of it to buy food, so she couldn't afford any unnecessary luxuries that a normal princess would have.

One of those unaffordable luxuries was a teacher. Although the Imperial Law states that a mandatory education should be received by every noble lady, she had no money nor no family she could borrow from.

Marie's mother is long dead, she had died after the birth of Mary. She had never seen her father, he hadn't even shown up for her birth, since her mother was just another lowly concubine, and no one important in particular.

Marie was still treated like a princess due to her two maids. One was an old maid, who served Marie's mother, the other, an orphan taken in by Marie and Joanne (the older maid).

Joanne taught her simple etiquette and manners, as every princess ha moo s to learn those things. But one thing that Marie lacked, was the ability to embroider, since nor Joanne nor Kate (the other maid) knew how to embroider.

Marie was outside in the garden, drinking tea with Joanne, when Kate ran out from the manor, waving a letter in her hand.

-Marie! Marie!-She yelled out, arriving at the table Marie and Joanne were sitting at, catching her breath. She placed the letter on the table. Marie immediately recognized the royal seal on the letter, it was from the royal palace.  

-This is addressed to you, Miss.-Said Kate, looking curiously at the letter. Marie was hesitant to open it, since she had never received a letter like this before. 

Marie slowly and carefully opened the letter, to read the message. The paper was high-quality and the sides were dipped in gold. Marie then read the letter out-loud:

-The Imperial Princess, Marie Pierce, is ordered to move to the royal palace due to a foreseen possible threat to the royal family. A carriage will be assigned to come tomorrow afternoon, as this is an emergency. The period of time you will be spending at the royal palace is unknown, the stay will depend on when the incident will be resolved.-

The three of them sat in silence, as they tried to process the situation. Suddenly, Joanne remembered something, and spoke out -I remember reading an article yesterday, but I had completely forgotten about it.-Kate and Marie diverted their attention to Joanne.-I read that the 6th Princess was kidnapped! -

Everyone was distressed about the  current situation. Marie was certainly not fit to live in the royal palace, so Joanne and Kate worried a lot of what would happen to her. But the most distressed out of all of them would be Marie. Not only has there been a kidnapping of a princess, she is being summoned to the royal palace, and for-who-knows how long. 

Marie really enjoyed her time at the Garden Manor. It was nice an peaceful, she had her library, in which she would spend hours in. She had her two maids, who she thought of as close friends. She didn't live in the capital city, but a small port city so nothing unusual ever happened to her. 

Marie knew herself that she was not fit to go to the royal palace. She was timid and shy. She was bad at communicating, and for her to act like herself, she had to feel comfortable, and the royal palace would definitely not be a comfortable place for her. 

Marie soon fell asleep, staring at her bedroom ceiling, with Kate and Joanne packing necessary things for her trip. How will I survive there? She thought to herself as she closed her eyes and falling asleep on her bed.