The duke is frustrated

Austin's POV

I was quite intrigued the day she appeared in the palace, but now i'm more frustrated with her, since i just don't know what she will do next!

I thought it was quite weird she was randomly walking around the knights base, since there was construction going on and it was dangerous, I warned her. She ran off into the base, and she, just....disappeared!

Then, this morning, I found out that the report of the 6th princesses kidnapping was stolen right from the captain's office. I think of her as a suspect.

And then, some maids thought she was also kidnapped, but it turned out as a false alarm.

She's highly suspicious. Is she working for someone? It wouldn't seen too much of a stretch to say she could be working with the criminals who kidnapped the princess Annabelle. But jumping to conclusions is not the right answer. I need to investigate.

Walking in the garden is very stress-revealing. The Royal Palace is a mess. And I heard the princesses are planing something. It's even stressful for me, and I don't even live at the Royal Palace!

Xavier's been busy, well, I guess visiting him wouldn't hurt, I'm bored anyway. I really wanted that sword, though, Xavier won't give it to me, but I'll bet it from him soon enough.

As I enter Xavier's office, I see him siting peacefully, reading a book. -Hello, buddy!-I say, with a sarcastic tone. Xavier looks up, and scowls at me. Gee. This guy has no respect for me.

-You are ruining my day, Austin.-Xavier said, angrily. This guy! I swear, next time we have a sword match, I'm beating him to a pulp!

-Hohoho, why is that?-I asked, annoyingly. Xavier let out a very deep sigh, and slapped his own face. It looked so exhausted, you'd think he had fought an entire army in one night.

-The princesses are persisting to hold a ball.-Xavier sighed. All I could do is stare at him blankly. -Yes, I know! There is a damn criminal out there, and these girls want to host a ball!-Xavier knew very well how dangerous the situation could become, but a ball isn't necessarily a bad idea.

-If the Royal Palace would host a ball, it would reassure that the Palace is a safe place, and that the princesses are doing alright. And it would show your capability to handle this kind of situation.-I said. Xavier was really contemplating, since this is a big decision to make.

-Oh,yeah. I heard the report for princess Annabelle's kidnapping was stolen. Have any leads on who did it.-Xavier asked me. Upon Xavier asking me that, all I could think of is that princess.......but I can't just say to Xavier that I suspect one of his sisters.

-None, for now. We'll find it soon enough. And also, the special task force will be returning soon with the special investigation.-I said. The Royal special task force was enabled to search for everything and anything to investigate the kidnapping the 6th princess.

-Good. Now please get out of my office.-Xavier said in a mellow tone. I wasn't going to argue with him now, so I left for the day.

And now, I have to do my part in the investigation.