It was a warning

It was 2 days before the supposed ball, when something happened, no one in the Royal Palace expected. The 6th princess, Annabelle, in the middle of the night, banging on the Palace doors. Austin was on the knight shift, when he found her. 

She was then immediately rushed to a warm bedroom, bathed and taken care of.  The next morning, she was questioned by the knights. And, it was only rumors Marie heard from the maids downstairs, but, Annabelle stated, that she wasn't 'their' target.

She did not know who is the target, but, they set her free 2 days ago, she said they brought her blindfolded in the middle of a random road and dropped her off there, so she doesn't not know where she was .

She also gave information on how she was treated. She was more treated like a guest then a hostage. They gave her food, a bed, and a very nice room. Though, she never saw 'their' faces. Sometimes, she sneaked around the place, to find out where she was, and overheard conversations between them. 

She identified them was two middle-aged men, and 'their' conversations seemed normal. One time they talked about a borrowed book, they talked about the bad situation of the church and how it affects them, but they gave no clues as to what they were going to do to Annabelle or 'their' plan. 

But none the less, everyone was happy that the 6th princess had returned. Especially her husband and her mother, the 3rd concubine. Annabelle's husband visited the Royal Palace, and he burst out in tears upon seeing her. It seems Melanie was right about their relationship. 

Xavier wanted to postpone the ball, but everyone, including Annabelle said that they should continue with their plans. 

Marie also wanted to visit Annabelle, but found it to be hard, since the other princesses were visiting her and she couldn't even get close to her. Well, Marie had to wait until the day of the ball. 

A/N:

The reason the latest chapters are a bit short, is because the subject of the chapters are not large events, so they don't take up too much space. But don't worry, the next chapters are going to have some DRAMA, so longer one's await! 

Keep reading! :)