A chase for nobody

Two doors, on either side of the prison corridor, creaked open at the same time. Out of the two doors stepped out Austin and Marie.

They both stood there, in the doors ways, staring at each other. -Why are you here?-They both asked simultaneously.

They both closed the doors behind them, and started moving toward the same cage. Now, the coincidences started to annoy one another.

-I came here first.-Stated Austin, walking next to Marie into the next hallway of the prison.

-What do you mean?! I decided to come here yesterday!-Marie said, flustered.

-You shouldn't meddle in this case.-Austin said, changing the subject. Marie couldn't respond, as he was right. But Marie wanted to ask the prisoner one question that's been bothering her.

They both arrived at the separate cell of the prisoner. He was assigned an isolated room, because of the crimes he did and his involvement in the kidnappers.

Marie pushes Austin to the side, and tried to reach the small whole up on the door, on tip toes. Though, to no avail.

Austin chuckled under his breath. He pushed Marie off to the side, and looked into the cell. He shot open the door, revealing a small, newly dug hole dug out of the wall. -tch.-He clicked his tung in anger.

Marie witnessing this, ran into the cell and out the whole, to follow his trail. She knew it probably is not going to lead her anywhere, but the whole looked newly dug out, meaning he couldn't have gone too far in this darkness.

Austin, followed Marie, as he couldn't allow her to just wander around the forest aimlessly in the dept of night.

Marie ran down paths made by him, broken branches and any kind of signs of people walking through, but in the end, she didn't find him, though it was no surprise why.

-You dome?-Austin said, catching up to Marie. She was quite angry, she had already thought she lost him in the forest.-Listen, if he had a plan on how to get out, means that you won't be able to find him again so easily.- He added.

Marie already knew that, yet she hoped she could find him. Though, she wanted to ask why he tried to attack the 1st princess, and now he knew she would be at the kitchen.

Because, if their target turned out to be the 1st princess, they would have to hide and isolate her. And that's the last thing Marie wants for that sweet princess.

-Lets go back.-Marie started to walk back the way she came from. She knew she wasn't really helping anyone, but she really wanted to protect everyone she cared for....

Those awful gazed at Melanie, and the possibility of Clair being a target, all of this was something Marie wanted to help with, but didn't know how.

-Why do you keep meddling?-Austin asked, walking behind Marie.

She grew silent for a moment.-I just want to help any way I can.-She answered with uncertainty.

-You're not really helpin—

-I know.-Said Marie, cutting off Austin. -It's not like I'm trying to be an inconvenience......-

-Well then, you can meddle, but also not be an inconvenience.-Austin said, not really meaning anything with his words.

Marie stopped in the middle of her path, with a realisation. Yes. Helping without being an inconvenience to others. The reason I was an inconvenience is because I did not know anything. Just like Joanne said, if you don't know, learn!

-Are you ok?-Asked Austin.

-Yes.-Said Marie-Thank you.-She turned around and smiled at Austin.

He was quite taken back by this, since he did not know what he even did, but automatically responded with,-Your welcome?-

They made it back to the prison, and Austin and Marie went their separate ways, but not without waving goodbye while walking out the door.