Chapter 10, Sono's Touch

The gang crashed through the front door. Heading straight into the Living room. The girls instantly fell on the floor crying, holding on to each other. Lisa collapsed into a chair. The twins squatted down immediately, ripping at the wooden crate. Lar and Cora started checking the girls and Greg went into the kitchen and started filling glasses with water for the girls. The twins came over and dragged Lar over to look at the crate they opened.

Hearing the ruckus, Marta came out from the lab. "What are you guys..." Her mouth fell open,  "Holy shit." 

She immediately headed over to the girls. She knelt down with them. As she tried to calm them she gave each one of them a good thorough check over, assessing their injuries. After getting through the girls and finding nothing immediately life threatening other than some bruises and dehydration, she looked up and noticed Cora holding her arm and her blood filled top. "Greg, scissors NOW!" 

Greg pulled some scissors from a drawer and tossed them to Marta. She was already on her way over to Cora, caught them part way and immediately started cutting her top off.

"Mom, I love this shirt," Cora said, trying to push the scissors away.

"Shush," said Marta, pointing the scissors at her."

"But?" Cora protested.

"Shush, You're not too old to go over my knee," responded Marta.

Cora gave in and sulked even more. Marta cut her t-shirt off. Examining the wound, Marta said, almost to herself, "9mm, still in there. Ok girl, off to the operating room, I'll be there in a minute."

Cora got up and grumbled down the hall, "I want another shirt just like this one".

Lisa's stomach started to churn again, "you have an operating room?" 

"Yes, just off the lab, Someone has to keep these crazies in one piece," replied Marta.

Lar and the twins looked at Greg and Lisa busy making the girls comfortable and immediately bolted out the door.

"Ok girls,"  Marta said. The girls all looked up at her. "I've got to get a bullet out of Cora again, I'll be with you next so we can chat. You are safe here. I need you all to relax. If you are hungry, you can see the kitchen. Help yourself to anything. If you prefer Greg will make something up for you."

"Hang on, hang on, hang on" Lisa chimed in while waving her arms in the air.

Marta looked at Lisa.

"AGAIN????" Lisa asked.

"Well Ya," Marta replied smiling. "Between pulling bullets out of her and fixing Greg's cuts and gashes, you would wonder how I ever get anything done"

Marta winked at a very confused Lisa.

"Yea but we love you mom", Greg chimed in from somewhere behind the kitchen counter,

Turning back to the girls Marta continued, "If you want to get cleaned up Lisa will show you to the bathrooms and clean towels. We have quite a few new tracksuits here for the soldiers. They aren't fancy, fancy, but they will be clean and warm. As soon as we settle you we will start working on getting you home. I'm afraid the police in this town aren't trustworthy, so we will have to deal with everything from here. Do not worry, we've done this kind of thing many times before. We will get you home safely no matter where you are from".

With that, she turned and headed down the hall  to Cora. The questions about tonight's excitement can wait. There were some things to take care of first.