Chapter 9, Late Night Adventures

Cora ran to her front door. Nobody ever knocked on the door. The neighbours and their alien buddies always just walked in. She stopped short, a little shocked. This was the first time a friend from this planet came to visit her. Cora slowly opened the door. Lisa walked in and hugged her. "What's the matter see a ghost?"

Cora's eyes lit up in excitement, she was almost bouncing out of Lisa's arms. "No, just shocked to see someone at the door. Come on in."

Cora grabbed Lisa's hand and pulled her into the house. Her mother was in the kitchen relaxing for a change, sipping a coffee.

"Mom, this is my best friend Lisa," said Cora, heading to her mom.

"Hi mom," Lisa said with a smile.

"Great to meet you, Lisa," Marta said getting up and giving Lisa a hug."I've heard so much about you. My name is Marta."

"Ok Mom," said Lisa with a wink.

"You're so cute, I can see why Cora likes you so much," Marta said giving her another hug.

Lisa laughed, "no, she likes me cause I'm weird like her." 

She walked over to the barstool next to where Marta was sitting, holding her hand up in the air. "Hi Sono, what's up?" giving Sono a high five.

Marta looked shocked, glancing back and forth between the three of them. Interesting, she thought. Lisa noticed Marta looking at her with a shocked expression and offered, "oh, the town thinks me and my mom are witches cause we are more connected to the Earth and its beings than them. Their loss."

Lisa jumped with a squeal. "Sono will you please leave my ass alone!"

They all started laughing. Sono had redirected his attention from his coffee and was caressing Lisa's butt. Marta got up and headed off to the Lab, telling the girls to have fun. Sono turned back and looked down at his coffee, smiling. "I love my life".

"Let me give you a tour," Cora said, grabbing Lisa's hand and showing her through the house. When they went into the greenhouse, Meria, the greenhouse manager, was cursing and waving her finger at Greg and Lar who were wrestling on the floor laughing and giggling. Seeing Lisa, they stopped and got up.

"Do they let you out on weekends?" Greg laughed as he got up.

Lar reached over with one arm, pushed him right back down on his ass, and started laughing hysterically. Meria just threw her hands in the air, turned and walked away cursing in Spanish. This brought everybody else back to laughing. Lisa walked towards Lar, holding out her hand. "Hi, I'm Lisa,"

Lar was an eight foot tall a Sasquatch but not like any Lisa had seen in books or movies. Yes, she was tall, but she also carried herself with grace and elegance. Her look being more like a very tall, fit, hair covered native girl.

"Lar," Lar replied, putting both her huge hands around Lisa's in a warm greeting.

"Wow, you are so beautiful," said Lisa, "and what an amazing aura, it's white and sparkly like theirs".

Lar was embarrassed. No human other than family had ever been nice. She felt the same warmth and love she had for her family. This is a wonderful human she thought, there's something special about her.

"Do you guys have much more to do? Lisa wants to show us something after dark." Asked Cora.

"A few hours," said Greg brushing himself off, "we have to harvest a few thousand more heads of lettuce for Monday's order. We can clean them today and pack tomorrow and still make it."