Chapter 29: Shady Storm Clouds

Magsimula sa umpisa

        "A trip? To where?"

        "It's a surprise but I want you to come with me!"

        "I have to work, Steven," you replied with a laugh.

        "Please?" he begged, giving you puppy dog eyes. "It'll be fun! And you've been working so much lately," he whined.

        "Steven, I—," you started, but the young teen began to whimper making you sigh. "Okay, fine. But just this once." He cheered, bouncing around before grabbing your wrist.

        "Come on!"

        "Hold on, speedy," you joked, quickly grabbing your keys and sunglasses from the counter. You locked up the establishment before putting on your shades. You then quickly wrapped your headphones around your phone, stuffing it in your pocket. The young gem dragged you down the boardwalk and across the beach towards his home. You saw someone standing in the sand in front of the temple, their hands behind their back. What shocked you the most about them was the fact that they were completely blue.

        "(Y/n), this is Lapis Lazuli. Another one of my gem friends! She and Peridot live together," he said with a giggle, releasing his grip on your wrist to hold your hand. Lapis...I believe Jasper mentioned her too, you think, giving the gem a small smile. Just like Peridot.

      "Nice to meet you." Lapis gave you a smile in return before looking down at Steven.

         "So where are we going?" she asked him.

        "It's a surprise," he answered giggling, grabbing her hand with his free one. "You have to cover your eyes. You too, (y/n)!" You chuckled, taking off your sunglasses and hooking them at the top of your overalls. You then covered your eyes with your free hand, closing the (e/c) orbs as well. "No peeking you two," Steven yelled as he began dragging you along with him. You walked with him for maybe five minutes before you felt your feet hit wood.

        "I'm...starting to guess the surprise, Steven," Lapis said.

        "I told you to close your eyes," he answered, making you peek between your fingers. You gasped quietly when your eyes caught onto Lapis. A pair of water wings protruded from her back, curving at the middle since they were over her eyes. "No peeking, (y/n)!" You and Lapis laughed at the same time, throwing a quick 'sorry' before you covered your faces again. "Okay, wait here," you heard Steven say, the sound of his sandaled feet walking along the wood of the dock. "Surprise," he and someone else yelled. You uncovered your eyes, seeing Greg standing in front of a huge boat.

        "Hm...," Lapis said, sounding kind of disappointed. The both of you moved forward towards Steven's dad, stopping in front of him.

        "We bought a boat," Steven shouted, holding his arms out.

        "Uh...correction, we rented a boat. I may be rich, but buying a boat may be going a bit...overboard," Greg said with a smirk. You laughed as he and his son pointed at each other, acknowledging the joke. Lapis didn't laugh, nor did she have a smile on her face. Greg's smirk soon turned into that of an awkward smile. "Just a joke I picked up from some sailors," he explained, rubbing the back of his head. "They have a surprisingly clean sense of humor."

        "Steven, who is this?" Lapis asked, looking down at the teenage boy.

        "Uh, Greg Universe. You broke my leg trying to use the ocean to fly back to your home world?" Greg introduced. Your (e/c) eyes widened as you moved behind the bearded man towards Steven.