18. Work!

"Yes?" I asked as he stood in front of me with his one hand inside his pocket.

"Y/n, don't think I was appointed to keep an eye on you. I am the head of one of the major departments of the company, so it's important for us to discuss a lot of things as I want approval from you for all my moves." he finished with his boxy smile.

I smiled and nodded at him. Did he read my mind? But damn god! His smile made me skip a beat in my heart.

"You look more beautiful with that smile, so put that on every time." he said as he was leaving.

I stood there dumbfounded.

"Y/n, don't let your guard down. You need to focus on the plan to stay stern towards everybody so that they can hate you. Come on, you can do this." I thought to myself and left the meeting room.

As I was moving towards my room, "I wonder why Jungkook called me?" I thought to myself.

*Jungkook's POV*

As soon as the meeting finished, I rushed towards the Kim's.

"Annyeonghasseyo Mr. and Mrs. Kim." I bowed to them. "Annyeong Jungkook" Mr. Kim greeted me as Mrs. Kim just smiled and nodded at me.

"Is Y/n alright now?" I asked out of concern. The smile on both of their faces completely told me that she was fine but I still wanted to hear it from them.

"She's finally good Jungkook. She has even started working from today." Mr. Kim said which brought a wide grin on to my face.

"That's good to hear Mr. Kim" I said. They both nodded.

"We'll get going now, we need to go meet your parents." They said as they were leaving and I bowed to them.

I rushed to my office room and soon called her.

"Yeoboseyo Y/n..." I greeted as soon as she picked up the call.

"Mr. Jeon I'm at work so you may continue if it is work related." She said sternly.

I was shocked by the tone in which she replied. She didn't even greet me properly. She talked to me completely in a formal way. I was in complete shock and I didn't know what to say further. I was about to speak and she hung up.

I was completely heartbroken yet again by her attitude.

"Does she hate me so much that she doesn't even want to talk to me?" I asked myself and sat on my chair.

"Wait, what if she was with some employees and she didn't want them to know about me. May be she did that with good intentions. Let me not think negatively." I said to myself and continued with my work.

*End of Jungkook's POV* 

*Y/n's POV*

I was almost getting bored since I had no work left after the lunch break. I opened my phone and I had a text from Jungkook. I opened it checked on it.

Clumsy: Hey

I'm sorry; I didn't mean to disturb you. I met your parents after the meeting and they told you had joined to work again, so I just wanted to check on you. :(

Y/n: Hey

That's fine Jungkook. I'm sorry; I was having a small introductory meeting when you called me. I didn't mean to sound so rude to you. I just was making sure my employees won't think that we know each other since one day they will surely meet you.

It didn't take him long to reply at all, I guess he was also on his phone.

Clumsy: I'm relieved. I thought you were mad at me.