17. New Beginning

I took a nice shower and put on a good amount of make up since my face was completely awful with dark circles. I put on a black body suit and paired it with black jean. I also put a blazer on top to make up a more formal look and black shoes.I grabbed my black shades and left my room. 

I made my way to the dining table where my parents were already having their breakfast

"Good morning" I greeted them and took my seat as the maid started serving my breakfast.

"Y/n..." my parents said in unison.

"I know, don't pity me. I'm fine. I'm going to work from today. And I'm sorry dad that I couldn't come to the company these many days." I said and started my food. I lied, I wasn't fine, I didn't want to wok but I still wanted to listen to Mingyu.

"Honey that's fine and we are really sorry." My dad spoke.

Sorry? For what? I pleaded and you ignored. He pleaded and you scolded him too. And now after everything is over, all you can do is apologize.

I simply nodded we continued our food.

"The days when you didn't work, we had to do something so we hired a new secretary for you. His name is Par-"

"Dad, let's not talk business at least in here." I cut him off.

"But Y/n y-"

"She's right. Let's not discuss anything related to business while having food from now on." This time my dad cut my mom. We nodded and continued our food.

My parents had to go to the Jeon's company for some work so they left earlier. I noticed that Soul wasn't seen anywhere so I asked one of the maids,

"Mrs. Johnson, have you seen Soul?"

"Oh... she fell sick when you left to America so Mr.Kim took her to the hospital. They told that she needed some time for recovery and would be nice if she stayed with the other dogs around, so he left her there for the week."

"Okay, thank you."

I left to the company soon and on the way I checked all the mails and replied to a few.

As I entered the building everybody looked at me in awe, probably shocked that I was back after the little holiday that I had. A few bowed to me and seeing them, everybody started bowing towards and I simply nodded and made my way to the elevator.

I reached the floor where I had my office which was the third last floor of our company, where there was only the department heads and my office with a meeting room.

I pushed open my office's door and made beeline towards the table. I felt somebody else's presence in the corner so I looked towards the couch that was there in one corner only to see a handsome man looking at me in absolute shock with a bunch of papers in his hand.