27. I'm Fine

On our way back to my company, I called Taehyung a few times but he didn't pick up the call at all. Jimin tried calling him too but there was no reply, it would directly go to voicemail. Since I didn't have anything in the schedule until the lunch, I told my driver to drop me off to my house.

Jimin made his way back to the company whereas I made my way to Taehyung's house. I rang the gate bell and a lady answered,

"Annyeong, is Taehyung there in the house?" I asked.

"Nae, can I know who you are?" she asked me back.

"I'm his boss. Do you mind opening the door? I've got an important matter and he doesn't pick up my call"

The gate opened and I got in. I walked further to the door and the door opened widely.

"Mianhe Ms. Kim, please come in." she bowed to me and let me in.

"You don't have to be sorry. Can you tell Taehyung that I've come by?" I asked her.

"His room is right over there, I'll bring you there." She said.

"Aniyo, you can just call him over." I told her.

"Mr. Kim doesn't like it when we call him. It's okay, you can go in." she said with an awkward smile. I simply nodded and followed her. She left me by the door, I knocked on the door but there was no reply. I knocked again and still no reply.

"God please don't tell me he's still sleeping." I whispered to myself and slowly turned the door knob and to my surprise it was not locked.

I opened the door and my eyes fell on the man sleeping peacefully, hugging a pillow close to his chest. I slowly closed the door and went closer to him.

 I slowly closed the door and went closer to him

God, this man in an angel. The way he hugged his pillow like a small kid, his mouth parted a little but I noticed the stains of tears on his cheek, the tip of his nose was also slightly tinted pink.

I touched his forehead to check if he has a temperature; he was boiling hot[I mean like, he had a fever]. I quickly went out of his room searching for the maid but she was nowhere to be found. I saw the kitchen; I rushed there and searched for a bowl, fetched a bottle of water from the refrigerator and carried them to his room. I couldn't find any cloth so I grabbed the scarf from by bag, poured the cold water into the bowl and dipped the cloth in.

I squeezed the soaked cloth a little and wiped his face slowly. The moment I started wiping his neck, he flinched. I stopped in my way and waited. He didn't wake up so I started wiping his face again but this time he did wake up.

He suddenly sat upright on his bed with a shocked expression.

"Y-Y/n... is that really you?" he asked while rubbing one of his eyes.

"Yes, now get back." I said and pulled him back to sleeping position.

"Why didn't you tell me you were sick? You didn't even pick up my call, I was so worried about you?" I asked him as I continued wiping his face. He looked at me with wide eyes, probably still not knowing if this was reality.